Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

juanlu999 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:34 pm Can anyone recommend a broker for someone living in Europe?
If in the end we manage to earn money, for me the important thing would be the following:
1.- That he is not a thief and tries to bring us down.
2.- That it is reliable and does not disappear or break.
3.- That allows the money earned to be taken out.
I would say Global Prime.
These users thanked the author ffsss for the post:
juanlu999

IdeaRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

juanlu999 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:34 pm Can anyone recommend a broker for someone living in Europe?
If in the end we manage to earn money, for me the important thing would be the following:
1.- That he is not a thief and tries to bring us down.
2.- That it is reliable and does not disappear or break.
3.- That allows the money earned to be taken out.
icmarkets (SC) ..i use it for last 7 years and had no issue at all...
These users thanked the author marius_md for the post:
Paddygir

Hi Traders!!

I have some questions:

"The entry scripts are also great, but sometimes I feel it's too aggressive to my current risk tolerance. Does anyone who understands more about the buy/sell scripts? I would love to know what we should change to reduce the risk on something between 30~50%. Maybe it's something that others could benefit from too, since it can offer a bit more room to beginner mistakes in real money accounts. "

"Does anyone use the system with prop firms (e.g. FTMO)? How is the approach in cases like this? Maybe reducing the risk on the script could help on this situation too."

Thanks!

XARD: In the script just change the size of the LotsTraded=2000 (default value) to 4000 or 6000

Coolcrow wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:49 am Hi Xard and Everyone,

So I'm looking to try out other pairs besides US30, been trading it for a while now and sometimes 2nd dot will take several days before it comes about and I guess it would be helpful to check out other pairs for a possible 2nd dot. Which other pairs work fine with 2nd dot system? I normally prefer trading London session but I can do NY session as well.
What time frame are you trading? Do you go down 1 or 2 time frames and look for entries based on the bias shown on higher tf’s?

Works for all instruments
These users thanked the author DaveTrader for the post:
Coolcrow

DaveTrader wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:05 am What time frame are you trading? Do you go down 1 or 2 time frames and look for entries based on the bias shown on higher tf’s?

Works for all instruments
Been trying out different approaches for the past month or so to see what works for me but I think I've finally settled on using the 4HR for trend bias and making entries on M15.

Edit: Something useful that I found in my research is that adding Fibonacci for more confirmation is very effective. I'm not sure whether it's because it's an actual proven thing or it's because a lot of traders believe in it hence place their trades when a fibo level is broken, but it definitely works.