Re: Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average (KAMA) indicators MT4

AMA to KAMA crossover system based on Vitali Apirine's strategy

Original indicator from Mladen Rakic from MT5.

This is version for MT4.

Theory

In “Adaptive Moving Averages” in this issue, author Vitali Apirine introduces an adaptive moving average (AMA) technique based on Perry Kaufman’s KAMA (Kaufman adaptive moving average). His update to the original KAMA allows the new method to account for the location of the close relative to the high–low range. The author describes a trading system that combines the AMA and KAMA, suggesting that the combination may reduce the number of whipsaws relative to using either moving average by itself.

As a logical step there is a system that is combining the two indicators : this AMA and Perry Kaufman's KAMA. The signals produced that way are interesting and can be used as a sort of atrading system already

Usage

You can use the color change (or the appearance of the arrow) of this indicator as signal

This indicator have separate options for AMA and KAMA settings, alerts, arrows and button...

The article which outlined this strategy and approach in 2018 has been attached (includes the MetaStock code for KAMA and AMA).

IdeaRe: Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average (KAMA) indicators MT4

TransparentTrader wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:23 am Looks cool! Default settings, I assume?
Use the default settings for Daily timeframe and higher but increase the settings if you use intraday charts. The smaller the timeframe the more you should increase the settings to even things out.

I always increase it using Fibonacci numbers like in this guide by admin

Jimmy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:18 pm 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89...
These users thanked the author boytoy for the post (total 3):
TransparentTrader, Gethsemane, RodrigoRT7

boytoy wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:39 pm Use the default settings for Daily timeframe and higher but increase the settings if you use intraday charts. The smaller the timeframe the more you should increase the settings to even things out.

I always increase it using Fibonacci numbers like in this guide by admin
Thanks for the tip, i tried this, and the 5m TF looks really really good with
AMA Period: 13
Fast: 2
SSlow end: 21

all Fib numbers :)
These users thanked the author Gethsemane for the post (total 2):
sylvester21, boytoy

kvak wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:54 am

You can use the color change (or the appearance of the arrow) of this indicator as signal

This indicator have separate options for AMA and KAMA settings, alerts, arrows and button...

The article which outlined this strategy and approach in 2018 has been attached (includes the MetaStock code for KAMA and AMA).
Thank you for the great coding. The AMA-KAMA is also very useful for shorter time units.
If you have the time and the possibility, the AMA-KAMA-ZONE indicator with button will be a very good addition to the chart.
Thanks a lot
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

Skyold wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:22 am Thank you for the great coding. The AMA-KAMA is also very useful for shorter time units.
If you have the time and the possibility, the AMA-KAMA-ZONE indicator with button will be a very good addition to the chart.
Thanks a lot
Hello. Zone is possible, because indicator is not mtf, but dont know how to make object (like zones) "clickable" with button....
BTW nice chart with VQ...
These users thanked the author kvak for the post:
Skyold

kvak wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:34 am Hello. Zone is possible, because indicator is not mtf, but dont know how to make object (like zones) "clickable" with button....
BTW nice chart with VQ...
Thanks.
MTF function is not so important
With button and zones; of course only if it is feasible for you and there is no hurry
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

LikeRe: Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average (KAMA) indicators MT4

Gethsemane wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:29 am Thanks for the tip, i tried this, and the 5m TF looks really really good with
AMA Period: 13
Fast: 2
SSlow end: 21

all Fib numbers :)
Clever settings just tried them out and they are good for scalping for 10 pips in and out on exotic pairs I'm going to play around more with your settings thank you my friend 👌
These users thanked the author boytoy for the post (total 2):
sylvester21, Gethsemane