Re: Bollinger Bands type indicators for MT4

pail1217 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:48 am mr. tools can i ask you one more thing? The alarms are probably still set to the band, which makes sense if you also use the band as an indicator, but since only the histo version is used here and therefore only the buy/sell signals are relevant, it would be perfect if the alarms are only triggered when a buy/sell signal is generated. Here in the screenshot, the alarm probably refers to a different state of the band, but this cannot be derived from the histo version and is therefore actually irrelevant. The alarm is also triggered when a buy/sell signal is generated, but nothing exclusive in that case.

If alerts on current = true, you can get a case like that, also keep in mind by default this Donchian channel has a 20 bar shift, the original shift should only be 1, not sure but think this could affect the alerts, but need to test it some more to be sure, anyway changed the alerts to only say buy,sell, neutral for now.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
pail1217, 太虚一毫, Chickenspicy, RodrigoRT7

Re: Bollinger Bands type indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:32 am If alerts on current = true, you can get a case like that, also keep in mind by default this Donchian channel has a 20 bar shift, the original shift should only be 1, not sure but think this could affect the alerts, but need to test it some more to be sure, anyway changed the alerts to only say buy,sell, neutral for now.
Ok, best thanks first of all, will test it. With the original it was just that the alarm was also triggered when the channel slope (I think anyway) has changed and since in the alarm description of the Histo version nothing else was written, I was not sure which alarms were taken over in the Histo version