Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Jimmy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:46 pm FRAMA ribbon is a good indicator. Bit of a hidden gem I think, have you tested it out yet brother? Are you finding it works or are you getting false entries?
It is good confirmation of a trend and it is almost the same as vwap I am still testing systems right now
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post (total 3):
RodrigoRT7, Jimmy, moey_dw
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

chickensword wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:54 pm It is good confirmation of a trend and it is almost the same as vwap I am still testing systems right now
Must be used on volatile pairs as minimum or you will get chopped up....... its nice experimental indicator but its a definite no from me bros

This needs some sort of smoothing element or adjust default settings as a minimum cos signals are choppy as fuck & i think it is why jimmy ask to confirm cos he secretly knows it 🧐🧐🧐

Look here GBPJPY 1 hour timeframe you are dead
Attachments
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, Jedidiah
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:52 pm i think it is why jimmy ask to confirm cos he secretly knows it 🧐🧐🧐
There's no secrets here man, we're just exchanging and discussing what's working or not, but yes I did find this indicator a bit choppy at times which is why I asked Chicken just in case he's tested out some good settings etc.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

I think moving averages need to just be completely replaced by something else sometimes, they are absolutely garbage for entries due to lag , but I know there are some decent ones like Hma

As calculations for other indicators they are valuable but not on a disgusting looking chart

Price filter is about the most accurate thing for entries I can find
That is similar to moving average

Sorry if this offends just my view
Attachments
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, 太虚一毫
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1

Jimmy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:55 pm There's no secrets here man, we're just exchanging and discussing what's working or not, but yes I did find this indicator a bit choppy at times which is why I asked Chicken just in case he's tested out some good settings etc.
is this indicator !
These users thanked the author sal for the post:
Chickenspicy
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

chickensword wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:13 pm I think moving averages need to just be completely replaced by something else sometimes, they are absolutely garbage for entries due to lag , but I know there are some decent ones like Hma

As calculations for other indicators they are valuable but not on a disgusting looking chart

Price filter is about the most accurate thing for entries I can find
That is similar to moving average

Sorry if this offends just my view
"Non-lag" indicators often have too many signals, which is obviously not ideal for trading.

I look for moderately lagged, but robust indicators with fewer signals.
These users thanked the author 太虚一毫 for the post:
Chickenspicy

kvak wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:41 am Hello, try this version....I dont testing all averages how it working....
Added coloring, prices option and button to it...

What are the settings being used in both pictures? Looks great on M15 and H1, am curious to see if those same settings will look just as good on the lower timeframes of M5 and M1.
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post:
Chickenspicy

Jimmy wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:23 pm This type of Moving Average has been included in many of the "Averages" versions of the indicators by Mrtools & Mladen but for those who want the standalone version I'll post it here :)

This is the eVWMA (Elastic Volume Weighted Moving Average) which was kindly coded by Mladen for MT4. Mladen also included (newer drop down box) Multi-timeframe + Interpolation.

In short, the Elastic Volume Weighted Moving Average is a trend indicator that uses average volume in its moving average calculation.

:thumbup:
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1

Jimmy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:10 pm Here is a simple and effective Moving Average Level Oscillator which displays in your indicator subwindow and includes a median (Zero) line. It was optimized by Mladen a few years ago and I find it very useful for displaying overall trends, particularly using a 50 setting.

If you're new to trading and looking for a tool to tell you what trend the market is in, try this out.
:thumbup:
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1