Re: Gaarmitaar printing money everyday

sometimes you just have to accept to get baited. Its part of why this sport is so fun
Took some shorts on eurusd before the news but price started reversing and there were some trapped news traders. I never let a trade run against me.
Either the entry is good , either its bad. If its bad cut it fast.

Unfortunately the screenshot indicator bugged so no screenshots.

gaarmitaar wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:25 pm sometimes you just have to accept to get baited. Its part of why this sport is so fun
Took some shorts on eurusd before the news but price started reversing and there were some trapped news traders. I never let a trade run against me.
Either the entry is good , either its bad. If its bad cut it fast.

Unfortunately the screenshot indicator bugged so no screenshots.

Could you explain how you interpret the indicator for your entries? Or what part of it do you use or pay attention?

ffsss wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:27 pm Could you explain how you interpret the indicator for your entries? Or what part of it do you use or pay attention?
Honestly i cant.
I use the indicator mostly for visualisation. I trade horizontal levels breaks if the structure is in place for a move (plus minus stop liquidation shenanigans).
This means there needs to be money below or above my entry.

if the market goes up i long. If it goes down i short.
Its that simple.

Then there are some little tricks , like gauging if there is consensus on the market or not.
entering on low volatility
beein patient when a trade is stalling
cutting losses fast
gauging if its a yoyo day (up down up down)
gauging if its a unidirectional day (very dangerous for me because i mostly trade reversals and often make the mistake of fishing for tops or bottoms on unidirectional days)
staying away from news trading but using the trapped traders to steal their money as they move their stops
knowing where to put your stops
using leverage to your advantage

and so on....

But for me its mostly a feeling.... We are going down ? i short. We are going up ? i long.
Easier said than done for most.
These users thanked the author gaarmitaar for the post:
ffsss

this afternoon started fishing with bigger lots but my risk bag is still a bit low on burritos to sustain that kind of lot size
lost a tremendous amount of money trying to fish the bottom on eurusd , before capitulating on the short and targetting the previous hourly lows.

Gambling mentality takes over me sometimes.
Its stupid.
Anyway , equity curve destroyed.

dont do that
These users thanked the author gaarmitaar for the post:
Chickenspicy