Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

I am still playing around with the 1min scalp mode.
What do you think???
Xard777
Attachments
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

As Xard is posting systems for trading longer timeframes such as for 1 hour charts and for much shorter timeframe scalping, I thought it might be good to know how many of you are interested in each.

To take a poll on this can leave a thumbs up for this post if you prefer trading 15M and above.
nil desperandum

Please leave a thumbs up here if you prefer 1M and 5M timeframes.
nil desperandum

Leave a thumbs up (or not).
Xard777
Attachments
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

FourXXXX wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:28 am Please leave a thumbs up here if you prefer 1M and 5M timeframes.
I'm new to the 1M - 5M combo and trying to give it a fair look. I guess the thought is that there may be more trading opportunities with the lower TF. Unfortunately, it has been a crazy week at work and my normally low amount of chart time has been even lower this week. So no real live learning to that end has happened this week.

All things being equal and having the time to watch the charts for longer periods of time, I would more naturally gravitate to the higher TF combos.
These users thanked the author DaveTrader for the post:
Frankw

xard777 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:13 am I am still playing around with the 1min scalp mode.
What do you think???
Xard777
5M in combination with 15M (or 30M)
Traded on 5M chart.
Scalping on a 1M chart is very exhausting. I must admit, that I always have an eye on the 1M chart.
Skyold
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post (total 6):
xard777, Chickenspicy, DaveTrader, Frankw, Jedidiah, Forexlearner
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

It comes down to not seeing a lot of 1st or 2nd wave set ups forming and looking at mid and late trend re-entries to take advantage of. Thankfully I have learned a great deal of patience and have navigated away from the “oh yeah, that indicator/candle is going to turn my way any second now” trades🤓. Sometimes that goes too far and I miss a good one, working on finding that balance.
These users thanked the author DaveTrader for the post (total 3):
Chickenspicy, Jedidiah, StuartWong

FourXXXX wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:27 am As Xard is posting systems for trading longer timeframes such as for 1 hour charts and for much shorter timeframe scalping, I thought it might be good to know how many of you are interested in each.

To take a poll on this can leave a thumbs up for this post if you prefer trading 15M and above.
I make entries on the 15M while looking at the 1H trend. Before I used to look at the 30min trend but I changed it today after realizing the wrong entry I took could have been avoided if I had looked at the 1H trend instead. I did a few months of backtesting to confirm that with the way I trade, the 1H trend gives a better trend direction than the 30M.
These users thanked the author Coolcrow for the post (total 6):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy, RollerAndTrading, Mickey Abi, StuartWong, traderduke