Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Hello, first of all I want to thank Xard and the other developers who collaborate with the Xard system! It is a incredible system!!

I've been following the topic since version 46 and trying to put it into practice, but I confess it's been a challenge.

As a first comment, I would like to ask how or what configuration do you use to do backtesting, I tried it with the MATI SoftFX4 Simulator but I confess that I couldn't make it work very well. Have another one way to do a Backtesting?

To those who have already done backtesting, how did you configure the Simulator?

Since now,
Thank you all for your help and sorry about translation.

Regards

sgarr wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:50 am xard systems are all nice but zig zags are always different and it confuses me, why zig zag 4 of 48 is different than 50 the blue line

Check this guy out.

https://www.youtube.com/@completetraderacademy

He does daily analysis on US30. I've been following him for about a month, and his videos are helping me get a sense for how the Dow moves. For example, he emphasizes gaps a lot. I had this 1 hour gap drawn before today's market open, and lo and behold look where the price went:

As you can see from the candle with the long lower wick, it even reached down to perfectly close the gap before continuing down. The dude has mastered US30. He averages 100-200 points a day. By the way, I'm not shilling for him or anything. His videos obviously are free on Youtube. He is building a course website, but it's not out yet. I'm thinking of joining when I have the money. Maybe his videos can be a complement to XARD's system and help you understand the market movements better.
These users thanked the author knglerxst for the post (total 5):
DaffyTaffy, maroka, Mrs.Watanabe, RodrigoRT7, eduarescobar

RollerAndTrading wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:29 am Hello, first of all I want to thank Xard and the other developers who collaborate with the Xard system! It is a incredible system!!

I've been following the topic since version 46 and trying to put it into practice, but I confess it's been a challenge.

As a first comment, I would like to ask how or what configuration do you use to do backtesting, I tried it with the MATI SoftFX4 Simulator but I confess that I couldn't make it work very well. Have another one way to do a Backtesting?

To those who have already done backtesting, how did you configure the Simulator?

Since now,
Thank you all for your help and sorry about translation.

Regards
The SoftFX4 simulator works really well if you configure it right. This video is very helpful.

Here are some things you must do to get it working right with this system.

Set "Time On Charts" to New York Close
Set Spread to an amount that matches your broker
When opening charts you always need to open a daily chart, otherwise, some indicators won't work correctly.

Then

Load the Template you plan to use, delete Clock and Dash dash indicators and save the template with a new name for the using in the simulator.

Apply the template to the charts you need ie M5 and M30. Once set up correctly it works the same as live trading except for the Dash indicator.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 10):
FAIZANXG, Jedidiah, RollerAndTrading, RodrigoRT7, chris006, Skyold, oskar656, indrayugi, lorne, Musashi
nil desperandum

knglerxst wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:55 am Check this guy out.

https://www.youtube.com/@completetraderacademy

He does daily analysis on US30. I've been following him for about a month, and his videos are helping me get a sense for how the Dow moves. For example, he emphasizes gaps a lot. I had this 1 hour gap drawn before today's market open, and lo and behold look where the price went:

As you can see from the candle with the long lower wick, it even reached down to perfectly close the gap before continuing down. The dude has mastered US30. He averages 100-200 points a day. By the way, I'm not shilling for him or anything. His videos obviously are free on Youtube. He is building a course website, but it's not out yet. I'm thinking of joining when I have the money. Maybe his videos can be a complement to XARD's system and help you understand the market movements better.
Dear knglerxst

There's definitely a Hidden-GAP(Fair Value GAP) in H1. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks <3

Mrs.W
Attachments
These users thanked the author Mrs.Watanabe for the post (total 4):
Chickenspicy, knglerxst, Jedidiah, RodrigoRT7
At the back of a road in common use is another road in the mountain of flowers; you may take either way but be in time still in bloom.(Rikyu SEN)
人の行く裏に道あり花の山
いずれを行くも散らぬ間に行け (利休百首外から)

FourXXXX wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:40 am The SoftFX4 simulator works really well if you configure it right. This video is very helpful.

When opening charts you always need to open a daily chart, otherwise, some indicators won't work correctly.

Then

Load the Template you plan to use, delete Clock and Dash dash indicators and save the template with a new name for the using in the simulator.

Apply the template to the charts you need ie M5 and M30. Once set up correctly it works the same as live trading except for the Dash indicator.
Tks FourXXXX you are amazing!

Can you tell me please, if you know, what is the configuration to Pip and Lot Size for US30?

I already tried some settings but it always tells me, that I don't have enough margin available, for currencies I managed to do it like in the video you shared without problems .

thanks again =)

XXXX: Just use a fixed lot size and keep reducing it till it works. I don't worry too much about lot size in the Simulator. For me the value is learning how to trade the system. If you can trade Indicies I would focus on one symbol there only, you will get much better results than Forex.

FourXXXX wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:40 am The SoftFX4 simulator works really well if you configure it right. This video is very helpful.

Then

honje19960321 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:00 am
It is convenient for someone to see and want to download
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 5):
RollerAndTrading, Chickenspicy, xard777, lorne, Musashi
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

[quote=xard777 post_id=1295500860 time=1673802657 user_id=4865910]
XU v50 Update - Out NOW!!!

hi sir
when should we exit if we are out of the money ?
with RSI ? candle color change ? or something else

XARD: Look at exiting your trade if you have hit a fixed amount of PIp$ (say +100Pip$$$ on the Dow Index), or look at exiting the next Blue Zigzag. You can scalp and just exit when the semafor dots appear and look at scalping off the next dot.
These users thanked the author jimfang for the post:
StuartWong

Testing XU v50r2

Wow! mrtools and kvak are bringing cutting edge stuff out at lightning speed. It is hard to keep up with what's new. Thanks guys for all that you do on the forum.
Xard777

Welcome to the Art of Directional Trading...
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 13):
Chickenspicy, Skyold, Jedidiah, Filipino_guy, FAIZANXG, maroka, thomdel, iPar, icman, fibo7818, StuartWong, waal69, Musashi
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Woodyz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:53 am @Xard777
Which indicator is this pictured in your last post, may I ask ?

XARD: There are three indicators, Spike, Zigzag Oscillator, and Taotra avgs separate (mtf + btn). I will post an update after testing - pls allow several days.
;)
thanks to mrtools , kvak , xard777
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 4):
FAIZANXG, DaveTrader, StuartWong, DaffyTaffy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.