Re: Bollinger Bands type indicators for MT4

BostonEJ wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:49 pm Greetings,

I looked around for something similar but could only find bits and pieces of the idea. Tried my hand at editing myself to no avail. ChatGPT isnt there yet on making amendments!

Hoping to get the attached indicator to be displayed like an overbought / oversold oscillator when prices fall outside of the bands. Displayed as 3 color histogram (1 color when it breaks out above upper band, another when it breaks below, and a 3rd when its between the bands).

Thank you for your time. Apologies for any inconvenience.

EJ
Made this version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 8):
Chickenspicy, Jimmy, josi, ParallelNative, Jedidiah, moey_dw, RodrigoRT7, 太虚一毫

I am strugglng to find a way to make this into a smma version - is there already an smma version of a signal and alert BB?
TEAMTRADER

PS - I SEE THAT THIS TOO HAS A MTF SECTION IN THE CODE THAT DOES NOT WORK - IS THIS ANOTHER DECOMPILED INDICATOR - OR CAN THIS FACILITY BE RECTIFIED? Thanks
These users thanked the author TEAMTRADER for the post:
Chickenspicy

TEAMTRADER wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:37 pm I am strugglng to find a way to make this into a smma version - is there already an smma version of a signal and alert BB?
TEAMTRADER

PS - I SEE THAT THIS TOO HAS A MTF SECTION IN THE CODE THAT DOES NOT WORK - IS THIS ANOTHER DECOMPILED INDICATOR - OR CAN THIS FACILITY BE RECTIFIED? Thanks
Modified this version to be able to change ma's and the mtf seem ok on it.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 8):
Jedidiah, TEAMTRADER, Chickenspicy, moey_dw, Jimmy, kvak, Ricstar_8, 太虚一毫

carzg29 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:18 pm This it´s an amazing indicator, could you be so kind to add a Lines With option for the outer lines too, please? Thanks a lot for your generosity and I wish you a very happy year.
Hello, added outer lines width as a option....
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 9):
josi, thomdel, Chickenspicy, Jedidiah, moey_dw, Jimmy, iPar, Skyold, 太虚一毫

LikeRe: Bollinger Bands type indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:48 am Modified this version to be able to change ma's and the mtf seem ok on it.
AWESOME MRTOOLZ THX FOR KEEPING IT OPEN SOURCE TOO!!!!

AS JIMMY EXPLAIN USE IT TO SCALP 15 MIN CHART ON US SESSION BREAKOUT JUST SET PIPS TO 1.0 SO IT ALARMS JUST BEFORE THE OUTER BANDS TOUCH ON STANDARD DEVIATION 3......... SCALP THE RETRACE ON GBPJPY FOR 10 PIPS

DO THIS TWICE A DAY 5 DAYS A WEEK ITS 100 PIPS
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 5):
Jedidiah, Jimmy, xard777, Woodyz, commodus
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:55 pm
AS JIMMY EXPLAIN USE IT TO SCALP 15 MIN CHART ON US SESSION BREAKOUT JUST SET PIPS TO 1.0 SO IT ALARMS JUST BEFORE THE OUTER BANDS TOUCH ON STANDARD DEVIATION 3......... SCALP THE RETRACE ON GBPJPY FOR 10 PIPS

DO THIS TWICE A DAY 5 DAYS A WEEK ITS 100 PIPS
Mr.moey_dw could you please explain this method through a picture of sample trade
1)us session breakout means breaking of high-low prices of which period of time? the first 8 candle of us session or 8 candles just before us open?
2) deviation 3 and bands period of 20(default setting) is so wide! and outter bounds usually will not touch
3)how it can done twice a day!?
4) which sign or confirmation that should we consider as a begining of the retracements

I Know these are basics and I search to understand it by myself but i became more confuse,,,
please guide me throgh a sample picture with pointing crucial elements of this method
thanx for your kindess Master :)