Re: ICT (Smart Money Concepts) with and without ATS :-)

sal wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:48 am

I'm totally confused with this thread. One can name the game as one likes to. Like "Smart Money concept" for example. The guy in the video talks like this is some concept he discovered and will give it away to three so blessed individuals.
Now should I laugh or should I cry. I mean, trading (again, as I have mentioned "a thousand" times here of FX Station") is about Supply and Demand. What else please!!!?? That's how business works. And this is as old as the last ice age and will continue to the next one.
I.e. you mark those levels (looking to the left) on weekly and daily (if you want) TF's and then go lower to find a cheaper (i.e. better) entry if....again...if the price should reverse at that levels. As poor retail traders we got no insight in order books. The smart money i.e. big players, market makers do.
Well, I hope you are aware that for placing a buy order you need a seller. Thus, if smart money wants to throw in large buy orders they need to trick others (those uneducated, innocent retail sellers) into selling their orders they have just placed i.e. smart money pushes through that S/D levels first to make use of the panic...."oh, the price is breaking through" and they sell or their tight stop losses are taken out.
That's all you need to know. Well, once PA is on the way (either direction) use a trendline to follow the move and see how long it lasts.

Now, having said this, I can see here that again on page 2 charts with indicators all over it. What for? There is no need for anything! EAs, Algos, Indicators.....I mean, trading decisions I take by myself, not some arrows, signals or whatever.

Here is a lesson about the trading psychology Smart money versus retail traders one must be aware of. As it is the start of a New Year use that opportunity to change habits and acquire a mindset that sticks to what trading is all about. Wish you all to be successful!

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 4):
BeatlemaniaSA, Jedidiah, Chickenspicy, Alphonse91