Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Today I learned a very valuable lesson. No one is immune to emotion. We are all human and no matter what kind of cold bastard you think you are, you still have emotions and trading will 100% prove this to you and show you who you are.

Over the past 5 months, I developed a pretty decent personal trading plan for trading US30 using Xard 44, 46, Beatle hybrid 7, and a combination of some of my own indicators (I also added the recent Xard 48 for extra confirmation). During the months of November and December, I've almost tripled my account and went from 250 to 700 (yes, it works even in December. Only doesn't work when the US bank is closed). Today, I got greedy and decided to set my take profit 2 times higher than usual coz I wanted to reach 1k as soon as possible and yesterday I missed 2 good trades. Everything seemed to be going well until, price was just 0.5 pips away from hitting tp, but then it started to reverse hard (for those that traded US30 today, you know what I'm talking about. That violent pullback that happened 1 hour after the NYSE open). My emotions got wild. I almost went back to 250 but I decided to continue holding it. Luckily, it started going my way again and I closed the trade when I was in 0.54% profit (i usually get 10-12%). I was very disappointed in myself for going against my trading plan and letting my emotions run wild like that.

Anyway, moral of the story, always stick to your trading plan no matter what and never let emotions control your decision making.
These users thanked the author Coolcrow for the post (total 7):
XXXX, Skyold, FAIZANXG, Jedidiah, knglerxst, StuartWong, dansmol

Coolcrow wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:21 am Today I learned a very valuable lesson. No one is immune to emotion. We are all human and no matter what kind of cold bastard you think you are, you still have emotions and trading will 100% prove this to you and show you who you are.

Over the past 5 months, I developed a pretty decent personal trading plan for trading US30 using Xard 44, 46, Beatle hybrid 7, and a combination of some of my own indicators (I also added the recent Xard 48 for extra confirmation). During the months of November and December, I've almost tripled my account and went from 250 to 700 (yes, it works even in December. Only doesn't work when the US bank is closed). Today, I got greedy and decided to set my take profit 2 times higher than usual coz I wanted to reach 1k as soon as possible and yesterday I missed 2 good trades. Everything seemed to be going well until, price was just 0.5 pips away from hitting tp, but then it started to reverse hard (for those that traded US30 today, you know what I'm talking about. That violent pullback that happened 1 hour after the NYSE open). My emotions got wild. I almost went back to 250 but I decided to continue holding it. Luckily, it started going my way again and I closed the trade when I was in 0.54% profit (i usually get 10-12%). I was very disappointed in myself for going against my trading plan and letting my emotions run wild like that.

Anyway, moral of the story, always stick to your trading plan no matter what and never let emotions control your decision making.
Thank you so much for sharing and your experience tonight, try to reinvent yourself so that this kind of mistake does not happen again.
XARD: This is how we all learn from other traders mistakes. We pick ourselves up and hit new records along the way.
These users thanked the author Frankw for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, StuartWong, Coolcrow

We are all human beings and have emotions. Otherwise we would be robots without a soul.
Yesterday I was LONG on DJ30 and had my TP exactly at ADR 38.2%. After several UP and DOWN I got out exactly at 15:45 (NY time). And what happened after that? Within 15min the DOW climbed to over 33700 and exceeded the ADR 38.
Patience and perseverance are very important. Everyone learns his lesson. The one gets it after the first mistake, the other must just make the same mistake more often to understand it.
I learned my lesson, because in this business, as in others, you have to constantly evolve and learn.
Skyold
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post (total 4):
XXXX, StuartWong, Jedidiah, Coolcrow
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

Coolcrow wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:21 am Today I learned a very valuable lesson. No one is immune to emotion. We are all human and no matter what kind of cold bastard you think you are, you still have emotions and trading will 100% prove this to you and show you who you are....

Thanks for sharing.
I am incorporating the Spike Indicator as one part of the trade management.
Thank you, Mr Xard for the Spike Indicator.
I am learning on the go.
Attachments
These users thanked the author StuartWong for the post:
Jedidiah

After a decent move coming off the Xard Index line Price tends to bounce when it comes down to the open line so Iike to bail just before and book the Pip$$$.
Just to let you know that I am not really trading just now. This is just a warm up pre season play until Feb kick off :-)) And yes, that is the 61% line in both extension and angle.
Xard777
Attachments
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

RSI OMA with Xard Universe (XU) Histogram Display (Dual Display) MTF

Pm a request to convert this indicator to MTF, but I had to redo the menu to work in mtf (there were too many inputs in the menu).
It's a little clear, but it works...
EDIT: redownload indicator, I added rsi percent to comment...
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 14):
thomdel, Jimmy, Skyold, josi, StuartWong, Tradehunter, iPar, Mickey Abi, Chickenspicy, LJC, Jedidiah, knglerxst, RodrigoRT7, chris006

kvak wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:31 am RSI OMA with Xard Universe (XU) Histogram Display (Dual Display)

Hello all, i make some experimenting indicator, dont know if it would be useful....
Can you please add the XARD's percent to your RSIOMA as in the screenshot.
Thanks in advance.
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post:
iPar
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

xard777 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:29 pm After a decent move coming off the Xard Index line Price tends to bounce when it comes down to the open line so Iike to bail just before and book the Pip$$$.
Just to let you know that I am not really trading just now. This is just a warm up pre season play until Feb kick off :-)) And yes, that is the 61% line in both extension and angle.
Xard777

Thanks, Mr Xard.
Attachments