Re: XXXX XU v48-Index Entry

FourXXXX wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:43 pm
XXXX XU v48-INDEX ENTRY.ex4

The original version of the Xard Entry Indicator deleted button indicator objects from the screen. This was an issue that I was not aware of till now. I have deleted the version that caused button indicators to disappear and uploaded the fixed version here.
Dear Mr.FourXXXX

Mr. Xard once said that the INDEX Entry Indicator is for INDEX only, so it cannot be used for currency pairs.

I don't know what the algorithm of this indicator is like, so this may be a silly question, but is it difficult to make this indicator work for currency pairs as well?

If you have time, I would appreciate your answer. :hug:

All the best,
Mr.W
These users thanked the author Mrs.Watanabe for the post:
Jedidiah
At the back of a road in common use is another road in the mountain of flowers; you may take either way but be in time still in bloom.(Rikyu SEN)
人の行く裏に道あり花の山
いずれを行くも散らぬ間に行け (利休百首外から)

Mrs.Watanabe wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:45 am Dear Mr.FourXXXX

Mr. Xard once said that the INDEX Entry Indicator is for INDEX only, so it cannot be used for currency pairs.

I don't know what the algorithm of this indicator is like, so this may be a silly question, but is it difficult to make this indicator work for currency pairs as well?

All the best,
Mr.W
Check out its code, it works for currency pairs as well.

if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,4)=="WS30") {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,4)=="US30") {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,2)=="DJ") {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,4)=="DE30") {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,4)=="US30z") {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}

if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,5)=="US500") {angle_up=180; angle_dn=180;}
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,6)=="XAUUSD"){angle_up=180; angle_dn=180;}
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,5)=="DAX30") {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,6)=="GBPUSD"){angle_up= 22.5; angle_dn= 22.5;}
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,6)=="GBPJPY"){angle_up= 22.5; angle_dn= 22.5;}
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,6)=="USOUSD"){angle_up= 67.5; angle_dn= 67.5;}
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 2):
XXXX, Mrs.Watanabe
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Mrs.Watanabe wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:45 am Dear Mr.FourXXXX

All the best,
Mr.W
Perhaps Xard changed his mind, I have not heard from him for a few days maybe he will chime in. But as Honje said Xard did code it for Forex as well, although if you have a choice Indicies are much better to trade.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, waal69, Mrs.Watanabe
nil desperandum

Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Forexlearner wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:18 am there's literally a

"List of Currency Pairs for trading Xard Systems:
5 September 2020
Which Currency Pairs/Indices for Xard Trading Systems?"

on the 1st post.
There are so many different Symbols we can trade, they all work much the same. Some trend better than others, some have better spreads etc. At the end of the day they all are driven by mob mentality.

Here is a Soybean chart, it could be Oil, Dow30, Nasdaq, Gold or EURUSD you would not know if the name and price scale was hidden.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 9):
TransparentTrader, waal69, StuartWong, Jedidiah, tokjanggut, satyafx, maroka, Musashi, RodrigoRT7
nil desperandum

kvak wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:41 am I added one menu in zigzag, chart in foreground, if true, automatic is candles added in front of all indicators...
Maybe find it useful. I kept the original name. Noted that if you have added chart in front, if you use some indicator with candles, candles did not show !
Thank you... The candles are no longer an issue. Now they are on the foreground. But the size and color of the ZZ Line still can not be changed. It would be great help that the color and size of the XU-48 ZZ Line 4 could also be edited.... Would be obliged for that modification. That is the only thing I have on the chart and the only thing I want on the chart..
Attachments

Mustafa wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:36 pm Thank you... The candles are no longer an issue. Now they are on the foreground. But the size and color of the ZZ Line still can not be changed. It would be great help that the color and size of the XU-48 ZZ Line 4 could also be edited.... Would be obliged for that modification. That is the only thing I have on the chart and the only thing I want on the chart..
You can change the ZZ width in the start of the MQL4 file.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
//+ [Knowledge of the ancients] \!/ [XU v48-ZIGZAG 4.mq4] +
//+ (ò ó) +
//+-------------------------------------------------o0o---(_)---o0o--------------------------------------------------+
#property link "viewtopic.php?p=1295442917#p1295442917"
#property description "THIS IS A FREE INDICATOR WITH NO TIME RESTRICTIONS"
#property description " "
#property description "Welcome to the XARD UNIVERSE"
#property description "Let the light shine and illuminate your trading world"
#property description "and with it secure your financial prosperity"
#property indicator_chart_window

#property indicator_buffers 2

int Type;

extern bool showZZline = true;
color zzCol = clrDodgerBlue;
int zzWidth = 4;
// Количество баров для расчета экстремумов
// не может быть меньше 2
extern int ExtPeriod = 36;
// Минимальное расстояние цены между соседними пиком и впадиной (иначе не регистрируется)
int MinAmplitude = 5;//10;
// Минимальное движение цены в пунктах на нулевом баре для перерасчета индикатора
extern int MinMotion = 0;
// Использовать более точный алгоритм вычисления порядка формирования High/Low бара
extern bool UseSmallerTFforEB = true;
// Сколько баров необходимо проверять на корректность уже просчитанной истории
// 0 - всю историю
extern int ExtraCheckedBarsCount = 0;
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 2):
Mustafa, Jedidiah
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:40 pm You can change the ZZ width in the start of the MQL4 file.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
//+ [Knowledge of the ancients] \!/ [XU v48-ZIGZAG 4.mq4] +
//+ (ò ó) +
//+-------------------------------------------------o0o---(_)---o0o--------------------------------------------------+
#property link "viewtopic.php?p=1295442917#p1295442917"
#property description "THIS IS A FREE INDICATOR WITH NO TIME RESTRICTIONS"
#property description "Welcome to the XARD UNIVERSE"
#property description "Let the light shine and illuminate your trading world"
#property description "and with it secure your financial prosperity"
#property indicator_chart_window

#property indicator_buffers 2

int Type;

extern bool showZZline = true;
color zzCol = clrDodgerBlue;
int zzWidth = 4;
// Количество баров для расчета экстремумов
// не может быть меньше 2
extern int ExtPeriod = 36;
// Минимальное расстояние цены между соседними пиком и впадиной (иначе не регистрируется)
int MinAmplitude = 5;//10;
// Минимальное движение цены в пунктах на нулевом баре для перерасчета индикатора
extern int MinMotion = 0;
// Использовать более точный алгоритм вычисления порядка формирования High/Low бара
extern bool UseSmallerTFforEB = true;
// Сколько баров необходимо проверять на корректность уже просчитанной истории
// 0 - всю историю
extern int ExtraCheckedBarsCount = 0;
I wish I knew what this means.... I am dumb when it comes to anything related to coding. Know nothing about coding and compilation... Really sorry and at the same time obliged you tried to help.

Mustafa wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:56 pm I wish I knew what this means.... I am dumb when it comes to anything related to coding. Know nothing about coding and compilation... Really sorry and at the same time obliged you tried to help.
I just made it so you can set it yourself to what ever you want by adding "extern", but you can just load this version and change the setting like normal.

extern int zzWidth = 4;
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 7):
Mustafa, Ricstar_8, Jedidiah, StuartWong, Skyold, maroka, Musashi
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:01 pm I just made it so you can set it yourself to what ever you want by adding "extern", but you can just load this version and change the setting like normal.

extern int zzWidth = 4;
Thank you.... much appreciated hlep. Sometimes I have to use the charts like this on my laptop and I need the least intrusive settings to see clearly....
On a side note, finding tops is like Finding Nemo, once you get them, it is fun..... And ZZ lines are the way to it...
Attachments
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post (total 2):
XXXX, Jedidiah