Re: Velocity - Momentum & ROC Indicators

mrtools wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:15 am Added the prices,the ma's which are only used in the signal and the lighter mtf. Also the alerts should be fixed.
Dear KVak,

I really appreciate your generosity, may I seek your kind help to look into this hidden gem Indicator (Price Momentum Oscillator) as posted and updated by MrTools a few years back.

I think this indicator is a very good 2 Line Cross. It gives quite accurate signals even with some of the slower MAs.

However, as with most 2 lines indicator, there is a little bit of jagged along the line (refer to my screenshot), which can give fast and false signals.
My suggestion is, an improvement can be done if we can add in Signal Filtering and Signal Smoothing option.

Also, hope that you can update it with your latest eAverages pack which includes the latest set of Moving Averages for the Signal Period. There is much potential in this indicator and I wish to bring it up so that it can be given a good update it deserves.

Thank you once again Kvak. Appreciate it.
These users thanked the author sylvester21 for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, RodrigoRT7

sylvester21 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:59 am Dear KVak,

I really appreciate your generosity, may I seek your kind help to look into this hidden gem Indicator (Price Momentum Oscillator) as posted and updated by MrTools a few years back.

I think this indicator is a very good 2 Line Cross. It gives quite accurate signals even with some of the slower MAs.

However, as with most 2 lines indicator, there is a little bit of jagged along the line (refer to my screenshot), which can give fast and false signals.
My suggestion is, an improvement can be done if we can add in Signal Filtering and Signal Smoothing option.

Also, hope that you can update it with your latest eAverages pack which includes the latest set of Moving Averages for the Signal Period. There is much potential in this indicator and I wish to bring it up so that it can be given a good update it deserves.

Thank you once again Kvak. Appreciate it.

Dear KVak,

Sorry to bother you. Appreciate if you can look into this request as I really see potential in this indicator for trend confirmation.

Thanks and sorry for bother!
Happy new year 2023!

sylvester21 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:37 pm Dear KVak,

Sorry to bother you. Appreciate if you can look into this request as I really see potential in this indicator for trend confirmation.

Thanks and sorry for bother!
Happy new year 2023!
I didn noticed this post, better to quote me....Added smoothing for price with average pack..., how it usfull, dont know, test it.... added also coloring and AHTF.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 6):
talaate, Chickenspicy, sylvester21, 太虚一毫, Krunal Gajjar, Jedidiah

kvak wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:42 am I didn noticed this post, better to quote me....Added smoothing for price with average pack..., how it usfull, dont know, test it.... added also coloring and AHTF.
Dear KVak,

Thank you so much for upgrading this Indicator! I will backtest it using my software and see it performs. Will share my results here.
Ok and noted I shall tag your name in future if I need your help.

Thank you and kind wishes to you, happy new year 2023 KVak!
These users thanked the author sylvester21 for the post:
Chickenspicy

kvak wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:42 am I didn noticed this post, better to quote me....Added smoothing for price with average pack..., how it usfull, dont know, test it.... added also coloring and AHTF.
Dear KVak,

Would like to inform you that code for "Pre Smooth MA Type - Simple Decycler" might be having error. No values are showing in the chart.
Can you kindly have a look if there's errors in the code?

Thank you.
Attachments

Re: Velocity, Momentum & ROC Indicators for MT4

Price Momentum Oscillator (PMO) with all averages filters

First of all I want thank you Mrtools, who help me with this indicator and now working with all average. I wouldn't have finished it without his help..
This is new version, where you may choose between signal cross or dsl levels....

PMO vs ROC/MOM

The PMO indicator compares the current price with the previous price from a selected number of periods ago. This technical indicator is very similar to the ROC (Rate of Change) indicator, but the MOM does not normalize the price (use 100 as the base value for a user specified base date/time).

Re: Velocity, Momentum & ROC Indicators for MT4

kvak wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:02 am First of all I want thank you Mrtools, who help me with this indicator and now working with all average. I wouldn't have finished it without his help..
This is new version, where you may choose between signal cross or dsl levels....
Dear Kvak and Mrtools

Super awesome! Will give it a try and let you know the feedback later! Awesome!
These users thanked the author sylvester21 for the post:
RodrigoRT7