Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

FourXXXX wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:45 am My US30 Symbol on Global Prime has been trading now for over 1.5 hours, your RoboForex Broker has not had a new bar on this symbol since 30 minutes before the US close. No wonder your open is different just change to a better Broker.
Hi FourXXXX. Thanks for all the checks (even the ones I didn't ask for) you've done for me. You are a real bro. I will take to your advice. Thanks

Sarj wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:33 pm Hi FourXXXX, Can you post an image of say EURUSD so I can see the XARD INDEX working. it's 3:31 am . Can't sleep 😕
Try these two sites for planning your trading hours.
- Market Count Down| https://market24hclock.com/Trading-Hour ... ock-Market
- Relate your time zone to others | https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
- Set ALERT on your PC using this | https://hotalarmclock.com/advanced-alarm-clock/

Sharing below my own (helper) indicators relevant to the XARD system, hope you find these useful in your own XARD system implementations:

Average Range, Bid Ratio and PFO indicators were modified from Market Price indicator (also attached). The XU-ADR W1 was modified from XU-ADR D1 indicator (also attached). There was a weekly ADR indicator in version 39, but that was only in ex4 format.

Average Range: range for the period vs period average range - The XU-ADR buy / sell line is set at 10% of this.
Bid Ratio: where we are at the current time within the period range
PFO: Price From (period) Open vs period open
These users thanked the author chris006 for the post (total 12):
xard777, Jedidiah, DVanAssen, Skyold, DaveTrader, StuartWong, thomdel, Musashi, eduarescobar, maroka, RodrigoRT7, DaffyTaffy

FourXXXX wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:44 am I opened a demo account with your broker my broker was still trading 30 minutes after yours had stopped. Yes, the open price is different, I don't know what is going on there.

Anyway, I tried Xards fix but it did not change, I used this to get the US30 chart Index Entry to match mine.

if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,9)==".US30Cash") {angle_up=120; angle_dn=120;}

Code: Select all

if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,4)=="WS30")  {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
   if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,4)=="US30")  {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
   if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,2)=="DJ")    {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
   if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,4)=="DE30")  {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
   if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,9)==".US30Cash")  {angle_up=120; angle_dn=120;}

if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,5)=="US500") {angle_up=180; angle_dn=180;}
   if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,6)=="XAUUSD"){angle_up=180; angle_dn=180;}
   if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,5)=="DAX30") {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
   if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,6)=="GBPUSD"){angle_up= 22.5; angle_dn= 22.5;}
   if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,6)=="GBPJPY"){angle_up= 22.5; angle_dn= 22.5;}
   if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,6)=="USOUSD"){angle_up= 67.5; angle_dn= 67.5;}

But this may or may not work for other brokers and symbols. As well as changing the angle value you need to enter the correct number of characters in the symbol name where I entered 9 as above.
I have fixed index entry lines for all indices. You have been of great help to me. Thanks.
These users thanked the author waal69 for the post:
XXXX

Sarj wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:12 am Hello Xard, Can you please fix the Xard Index. Thank you for all you've given :thumbup:

XARD: In the Xard Index Line code you have to add the different brokers sysmbol used for WS30

int init(){

if(SymbolPair=="")SymbolPair=Symbol();

if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,4)=="WS30") {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,4)=="US30") {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,2)=="DJ") {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,4)=="DE30") {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,5)=="US30m") {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}

add new line
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,4)=="Insert new symbol") {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}
then compile and it should work
After adding the new code the problem was solved.

if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,5)=="US30z") {angle_up=360; angle_dn=360;}[/color]

"US30z" is changed to a different symbol of the broker
Attachments
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Sarj wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:42 am Hello FourXXX, I see you have it working :thumbup: , Can you show me the line code you used ?
if(StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,6)=="EURUSD") {angle_up=12.5; angle_dn=12.5;}

I will be working on a version of the indicator on the weekend that will work on any symbol without having to do this.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 6):
Skyold, xard777, thomdel, satyafx, waal69, Musashi
nil desperandum

Xard mentioned that if we all share our experiences and ideas with the setup, then we all move forward much faster:
For about 2 weeks I have been experimenting with the MA "s settings. The setting 4-12-36. The idea came again from our Genie XARD with the setting 2 or 3-9-36.
It is very good for short trading, especially when trading on 5MIN.
For entry, it makes a lot of sense that MA's 12 and 36 are in line. Either both long or both short.
This means it is not only traded according to the candle color but rather it involves the formation listed above always to control.
Only the background should best be adapted to the MA 36
Maybe some XARD traders will like it.
I LIKE IT
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post (total 9):
xard777, kvak, StuartWong, XXXX, Jedidiah, satyafx, iPar, dansmol, Musashi
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777