Re: Trading Pullbacks System

Meyney wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:23 am Not sure what you mean Jon, you mean SD zones?
Hey, i'm trying to plan my trades better and get more structure with my trading. Once price gets to a Daily SD zone I'm looking at getting in on the pullback once it starts moving away - Let's say the 1 hr timeframe.

I do have some SD indicators that can show the zones, Maybe I should stick to these. Just wondered if you manually draw them sometimes and if so any tips that's all. Thanks for the posts.

My main issue now is catching the trades in time - due to work commitments.

Jon wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:07 am Hey, i'm trying to plan my trades better and get more structure with my trading. Once price gets to a Daily SD zone I'm looking at getting in on the pullback once it starts moving away - Let's say the 1 hr timeframe.

I do have some SD indicators that can show the zones, Maybe I should stick to these. Just wondered if you manually draw them sometimes and if so any tips that's all. Thanks for the posts.

My main issue now is catching the trades in time - due to work commitments.
Well I posted an idea see post #1633. We have an important zone + double bottom/will it bounce the SD zone or pass?. switch to lower timeframe for setup and see how price made impulse up-retrace. Switch with timeframes, do not be rigid = only 1H.
In this case long 1h setup with candle action was ok, even better 15M with 2 bottom into a htf 2 bottom....
Attachments
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post:
Jon

Meyney wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:13 am Well I posted an idea see post #1633. We have an important zone + double bottom/will it bounce the SD zone or pass?. switch to lower timeframe for setup and see how price made impulse up-retrace. Switch with timeframes, do not be rigid = only 1H.
In this case long 1h setup with candle action was ok, even better 15M with 2 bottom into a htf 2 bottom....
I see these setups quite often now

I spotted this one yesterday on GBPUSD, Would of been a great trade

Blue zone is the daily SD zone

Timing is everything haha, I'm thinking of using this style of trading on the HTF's until i have the time to do intraday trading.

Jon wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:38 am I see these setups quite often now

I spotted this one yesterday on GBPUSD, Would of been a great trade

Blue zone is the daily SD zone

Timing is everything haha, I'm thinking of using this style of trading on the HTF's until i have the time to do intraday trading.

if you plot your channels/trendlines on daily you will have more confluence
Attachments
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post:
Jon

Meyney wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:23 am question is where did you enter-and which timeframe / or did you pass?
Hey,

Unfortunately i didn't but what an explosive move! If i was to enter i would of waited for the pullback after the impulse move up. Lower timeframes would of been better - M1, M5

Did you take part? What do you think?