Re: Zig-Zag Indicators MT4

Ogee wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:07 pm Quite cool pullback entries.
(zig zag repaints and so use candle pattern as confirmation)

depth 6
swap colours red and lime.

code edit;
line 469 change LH to Sell
line 503 change HL to Buy
click 'compile'

WOW. Thank you so much
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Ogee wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:07 pm Quite cool pullback entries.
(zig zag repaints and so use candle pattern as confirmation)

depth 6
swap colours red and lime.

code edit;
line 469 change LH to Sell
line 503 change HL to Buy
click 'compile'

These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 4):
Ogee, Wole, RodrigoRT7, Akela
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Repainting is okay. Ha ha. I love this great idea.
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
Wole

Tisonic wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:13 am Dear @mrtools,

I was wondering if it would be possible for you to convert the zigzag oscillator indicator into an MTF (multi-timeframe) version? I understand that this indicator repaints and recalculates, but I believe that it would still be useful for me.

Thank you for your time and efforts.
Mtf added.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 9):
xard777, Chickenspicy, 88FX88, thomdel, josi, Jimmy, Jedidiah, fibo7818, Tisonic

Mrtools

all of the zigzag's i've found so far have a fixed setting in that eg

apply to a D1 chart , large moves
or to a H4 chart -- smaller moves

when I used Metastock years ago, you could set the Zigazg to variable levels to pick up and show the smaller moves within the larger time

is there a zigzag where you can vary the size of the Zigzag to say
put a second Zigzag on the D1 chart showing the smaller H4 moves within the larger D1 chart

thanks