Re: Zig-Zag Indicators MT4

mrtools wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:45 am
Happy new year, MrTools!
As far as I can tell the Button does not work, as it cannot be turned off.
I think I already mentioned this before and probably nobody is interested anyway:
simple definition of an uptrend: HHs+HLs
simple definition of a downtrend: LLs+LHs
Given that definition it would make sense to give these pairs similar colouring (i. e. spectrum blue vs spectrum red) to make it easier to immediately spot bias.
[To add an alert to a repainting indicator is - possibly - in itself a tiny bit humorous; no offence, just saying]
Of course, the indicator is much too simplistic to give no false signals but to my mind it is an overall improvement:
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Jedidiah

josi wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:47 pm Happy new year, MrTools!
As far as I can tell the Button does not work, as it cannot be turned off.
I think I already mentioned this before and probably nobody is interested anyway:
simple definition of an uptrend: HHs+HLs
simple definition of a downtrend: LLs+LHs
Given that definition it would make sense to give these pairs similar colouring (i. e. spectrum blue vs spectrum red) to make it easier to immediately spot bias.
Of course, the indicator is much too simplistic to give no false signals but to my mind it is an overall improvement:
supporting you ..
my suggestion of fib level as optional setting.. i am searching with this same configuration.. in single indicator. :)
the fib level should shift auto when HH and LL is in place. after confirmed next LH/HL
Attachments
These users thanked the author sal for the post (total 2):
josi, Jedidiah
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

mrtools wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:45 am Wish the same for you and your family. Added the alerts.
Thanks Mr. Tool,
can u optimize the frequency of the alarm.
Alarm is triggered only in case of HH and LL.
Gratitude
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:10 pm Yes remember Honje all Zig Zag indicators need to repaint bro
THANKS ChuChu Rocket
Yes, thanks for reminding again. According to the way of trading that breaks through the market structure. I wish I knew soon when HH and LL would come out. Ability to respond quickly to trending trades.
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
ChuChu Rocket
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

josi wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:06 pm But this is a repainting (!) indicator - so whenever it repaints....
Hahaha, no problem with repainting.
I just want to quickly know when HH and LL are present.
HH and LL are not redrawn when the candle is closed.
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
josi

thomdel wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:27 pm Respected sir,

Please Note : The HH-HL... Text still remains on chart when button is OFF in :------ ZigZag_HH-HL-LH-LL_B BT (alerts).mq4 Indicator

Thanks for your time, efforts, generosity.
Thanks.
its only line to disappear . text still stay coded like this i think!
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

mrtools wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:45 am Wish the same for you and your family. Added the alerts.

ZigZag_HH-HL-LH-LL_B BT (alerts).mq4
(65.09 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Quite cool pullback entries.
(zig zag repaints and so use candle pattern as confirmation)

depth 6
swap colours red and lime.

code edit;
line 469 change LH to Sell
line 503 change HL to Buy
click 'compile'

These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, Wole, sal