Re: XXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

Giangyforex wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:36 am i have take this three little trades , closed when allert tell me to close, i am not sure that ist ok ! :)
The alert says to consider taking profit, if price is still moving down then let keep going but close if it retraces to the TMA band.

This post shows an example of an ideal setup for entry after the second larger dot which is normally a bigger trade. viewtopic.php?p=1295488076#p1295488076

Here is how the US30 went after your previous question, trend did continue down had these are the signals I would have used if I was awake and trading it.

Also price was under the open and yellow 200sma.
Attachments
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 6):
Skyold, Jedidiah, thomdel, Krunal Gajjar, StuartWong, Giangyforex
nil desperandum

Re: XXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

Skyold wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:27 am I am very happy for you.
You are not alone with your hurdles. I still struggle with letting profits run. The worst is when the high profits start to get smaller and smaller.
Tell me about it, your profit reduces so you decide you better keep some of it and close, then as soon as you close it turns around and goes another 300 pips.

This book helps if you have not read it already. viewtopic.php?p=1295498030#p1295498030
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 4):
Skyold, Jedidiah, Musashi, StuartWong
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:07 am Tell me about it, your profit reduces so you decide you better keep some of it and close, then as soon as you close it turns around and goes another 300 pips.

This book helps if you have not read it already. viewtopic.php?p=1295498030#p1295498030
With me it even goes one step further.
At the end I close the trade with a little loss.
That means the profits are gone and the trade is ended with a small loss.
It has often happened that afterwards the curve has turned in the other direction. Then it is again to find a new entry.
Thanks for the book recommendation from T. H.
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post:
XXXX
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

I have made a few slight modifications to the EA, TMA Slope Threshold and showing triangles rather than marks for the second dot. The EA will not open a trade and the chart background will turn red if Spread is higher than the MaxSpread setting (Default is 6.0)

To install unzip the file, copy both the MQL4 and Templates folder. Then in MT4 open the data folder and paste into the window that opens. Apply the template and your done.

I found a bug in the EA that effected the TMA take profit function which is now fixed.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 10):
Chickenspicy, Skyold, Jedidiah, Musashi, thomdel, maroka, StuartWong, Giangyforex, chris006, eduarescobar
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:07 am Tell me about it, your profit reduces so you decide you better keep some of it and close, then as soon as you close it turns around and goes another 300 pips.

Thanks for posting the link. I wish I had known that many years ago. I was smiling from page 1 to 41 because this book is a complete mirror of my trading Journey. It reminds me of my journey of a 100 indicators. Looking back, discarding all Indicators and trade naked with just S/D Levels and some trendlines was the easy part. I did struggle finding a way how to handle my trades. We all know the "Geez, I should not have closed my trade, now it's coming back and goes the way I put my trade in". Afraid to take a loss, or even adding to it because it must reverse. Trader Nick Leeson even managed to bankrupt the Barings Bank (British Bank) with that attitude. Well, finally I managed to adopt a mindset exactly as described in the book and did well from then on. Unfortunately I had to figure it out all by myself. The book would have saved me a lot of time.
I wrote this because I suggest that everyone must read this book before placing the next trade...unless you know it anyway.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 9):
Skyold, XXXX, Meyney, StuartWong, chris006, maroka, Jedidiah, traderokey, tradergau

StuartWong wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:33 pm Dear Mr FourXXXX,

Good day to you.
Would you consider sharing how do you use the TMA bands as a preparation for potential trade setup?

Many thanks in advance.

XXXX: Have a read of this post and if you still have questions let me know. viewtopic.php?p=1295488235#p1295488235
Dear Mr FourXXXX,

Good day to you.
Kindly comments on the screen shots attached.
M30 is the Bias Timeframe.
M5 is the Trade Entry Timeframe.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Stuart
Attachments

StuartWong wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:27 pm Dear Mr FourXXXX,

Good day to you.
Kindly comments on the screen shots attached.
M30 is the Bias Timeframe.
M5 is the Trade Entry Timeframe.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Stuart

Gidday Stuart,

The bias is very much down as you have already identified, just be careful at the pink dot but if price goes through it there should be many more PIP$ on the short side. Looks like you are really getting to know what to do. ;)
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post:
Jedidiah
nil desperandum

RplusT wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:13 pm Thanks for posting the link. I wish I had known that many years ago. I was smiling from page 1 to 41 because this book is a complete mirror of my trading Journey. It reminds me of my journey of a 100 indicators. Looking back, discarding all Indicators and trade naked with just S/D Levels and some trendlines was the easy part. I did struggle finding a way how to handle my trades. We all know the "Geez, I should not have closed my trade, now it's coming back and goes the way I put my trade in". Afraid to take a loss, or even adding to it because it must reverse. Trader Nick Leeson even managed to bankrupt the Barings Bank (British Bank) with that attitude. Well, finally I managed to adopt a mindset exactly as described in the book and did well from then on. Unfortunately I had to figure it out all by myself. The book would have saved me a lot of time.
I wrote this because I suggest that everyone must read this book before placing the next trade...unless you know it anyway.
Here's an interesting fact. Most people spend more money on toilet paper than they do on their brain.

I agree you can save yourself a lot of time by learning from successful people. Although figuring it out for yourself is an achievement to be proud of.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 2):
RplusT, Skyold
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:41 pm Gidday Stuart,

The bias is very much down as you have already identified, just be careful at the pink dot but if price goes through it there should be many more PIP$ on the short side. Looks like you are really getting to know what to do. ;)
Dear Mr FourXXXX,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts helping me to see clearly one day at a time.

FourXXXX wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:38 am I have made a few slight modifications to the EA, TMA Slope Threshold and showing triangles rather than marks for the second dot. The EA will not open a trade and the chart background will turn red if Spread is higher than the MaxSpread setting (Default is 6.0)

To install unzip the file, copy both the MQL4 and Templates folder. Then in MT4 open the data folder and paste into the window that opens. Apply the template and your done.

I found a bug in the EA that effected the TMA take profit function which is now fixed.

Excuse me, dear FourXXXX , can you explain what is the slope of TMA? and how is it used? Thank you!