Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Trading news

I've always wondered is there a reliable way to trade news releases. As I relay for indicators to make trades its almost impossible for them to correspond with with fundemental analysis. Thus i cant trade pullbacks etc, missing out the big movement or pips a news release provides:|
Trust the process:)

Re: Trading news

Sepo wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:20 am I've always wondered is there a reliable way to trade news releases. As I relay for indicators to make trades its almost impossible for them to correspond with with fundemental analysis. Thus i cant trade pullbacks etc, missing out the big movement or pips a news release provides:|
The best system is a straddle system using a pending entry order either side of current price but a reasonable distance away to avoid triggering during any early whipsawing. Once one order is filled cancel the remaining one.

You need pending orders because market orders often don't get filled before price moves on, orders are filled on a first come first served basis so all pending orders will get filled before any 'at market' orders.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Sepo

Thanks Ogee I will try to do this with the FED release tomorrow. I assume this method takes takes a lot of practice since price tends to flacuate greatly during a news releases meaning it could hit both the buy/sell stop in seconds lol.
Ogee wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:29 am The best system is a straddle system using a pending entry order either side of current price but a reasonable distance away to avoid triggering during any early whipsawing. Once one order is filled cancel the remaining one.

You need pending orders because market orders often don't get filled before price moves on, orders are filled on a first come first served basis so all pending orders will get filled before any 'at market' orders.
Trust the process:)

Sepo wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:40 am Thanks Ogee I will try to do this with the FED release tomorrow. I assume this method takes takes a lot of practice since price tends to flacuate greatly during a news releases meaning it could hit both the buy/sell stop in seconds lol.
Yes, looking for a one way move, large whipsaws kill everyone alike so if looks like happening better to just cancel both orders.

Also, if you are in non-hedging mode the other order will cancel the first if triggered but if in hedging mode and both get triggered then the PnL will freeze and you can decide how to proceed from there.

News really sucks

People will wait until all events are over sometimes before the market moves
Sometimes they have an opposite reaction depending on the circumstance + & - numbers can get mixed

I really recommend 4hr and up if you really want to get good opportunities, that’s were you’ll see the power shots
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters