Re: VQ - Volatility Quality Indicators MT4

sylvester21 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:35 am Dear Mr Tools and Kvak,

This is such a good indi. I find that it helps me get out of ranging markets quite well.

May i seek your help to edit the following:
1. When the line is flat (no volatility) - can you help to change it to grey color?
This can help traders to differentiate between Long volatile market, Short volatile market, and most importantly No volatility market (Stay out)

2. Update with latest eAverages pack
3. On/Off button

Additionally, one more suggestion from me is that if possible can modify this indi to only 3 types of lines (up, down, and flat trends). Only 3 trends for the trader to quickly see, recognize and make decision that this is a Long/Short/Sideways market.

EDIT: May i suggest if the VQ slope is within a certain range away from 0 value, it is grey in color (Insignificant Volatility). Something like Trend Direction Force Index.

Thank you!
Dear Kvak and MrTools,

Sorry to bother, hope you can help on this. Thank you and sry to bother once again.

This is such a good indi. I find that it helps me get out of ranging markets quite well.

1. When the line is flat (no volatility) - can you help to change it to grey color?
This can help traders to differentiate between Long volatile market, Short volatile market, and most importantly No volatility market (Stay out)

3. On/Off button

Additionally, one more suggestion from me is that if possible can modify this indi to only 3 types of lines (up, down, and flat trends). Only 3 trends for the trader to quickly see, recognize and make decision that this is a Long/Short/Sideways market.

EDIT: May i suggest if the VQ slope is within a certain range away from 0 value, it is grey in color (Insignificant Volatility). Something like Trend Direction Force Index.

Thank you!
Excellent suggestion, Sylvester!

Those Kwak averages/filters are insane. not to mention that VQ is one of the Top Tier indicators that we have in the Top 10 link.

It would be epic if this is the Itrend Averages + VQ Stridman had the Averages upgrade, but anyway what we already have in our hands is already very functional.

I greatly appreciate the generosity of our programmers. I've been a member of the forum for a few years now and I can't remember a day that I haven't visited here.

Big thanks to our superheroes programmers :D
These users thanked the author RodrigoRT7 for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, kvak

RodrigoRT7 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:48 am Excellent suggestion, Sylvester!

Those Kwak averages/filters are insane. not to mention that VQ is one of the Top Tier indicators that we have in the Top 10 link.

It would be epic if this is the Itrend Averages + VQ Stridman had the Averages upgrade, but anyway what we already have in our hands is already very functional.

I greatly appreciate the generosity of our programmers. I've been a member of the forum for a few years now and I can't remember a day that I haven't visited here.

Big thanks to our superheroes programmers :D
It's been a while since I did this iTrend, (someone requested it but Mrtools was faster so I didn't post it).
I added the averages pack to it, so test it... iTrend
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 2):
sylvester21, RodrigoRT7

3. On/Off button

Thank you!
Here is start version for test....
VQ zero line with arrows, alerts, MTF and eAverages pack...
I saw a version from Mladen with a modified filter based on ATR.
This version has a selectable menu for use filter in pips or ATR.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 7):
sylvester21, RodrigoRT7, thomdel, 太虚一毫, josi, Krunal Gajjar, Chickenspicy

kvak wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:33 am Here is start version for test....
VQ zero line with arrows, alerts, MTF and eAverages pack...
I saw a version from Mladen with a modified filter based on ATR.
This version has a selectable menu for use filter in pips or ATR.
Dear Kvak,

Thank you so so much for your effort. I shall give it a try with my system.
These users thanked the author sylvester21 for the post:
RodrigoRT7