MT4 shows: Not enough memory to load

Since a few minutes I have the problem that when I open a new chart, most of the indicators are not loaded. The error message shown in the picture appears in the journal. Even a reinstallation of the MT4 has not changed anything. I have a completely new laptop with 16GB memory and also on my hard drive are still more than 200GB free. Do you have any idea what this could be?
Attachments

Re: MT4 shows: Not enough memory to load

pail1217 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:30 am Since a few minutes I have the problem that when I open a new chart, most of the indicators are not loaded. The error message shown in the picture appears in the journal. Even a reinstallation of the MT4 has not changed anything. I have a completely new laptop with 16GB memory and also on my hard drive are still more than 200GB free. Do you have any idea what this could be?
Hi, MT4 has a memory limit of 1Gb (if memory serves) it's an old program. So your computer memory not the issue. Your reinstall should have dealt with most of the traditional memory fixes such as clear out unused indicators (many are still running even when not loaded), have less indicators and charts open, reduce chart bar history count, delete log files.

The issue can also arise when using the strategy tester if using many indicators or long time periods.

Try deleting all charts and start build up 1 chart at a time to see exactly when the problem starts.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
pail1217

Ogee wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:36 pm Hi, MT4 has a memory limit of 1Gb (if memory serves) it's an old program. So your computer memory not the issue. Your reinstall should have dealt with most of the traditional memory fixes such as clear out unused indicators (many are still running even when not loaded), have less indicators and charts open, reduce chart bar history count, delete log files.

The issue can also arise when using the strategy tester if using many indicators or long time periods.

Try deleting all charts and start build up 1 chart at a time to see exactly when the problem starts.
Yes, somehow I thought something like that. It would be nice if Metaquotes would release a 64 bit version, but that's very unlikely. Ok then I will try that. Thank you for now.

pail1217 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:30 am Since a few minutes I have the problem that when I open a new chart, most of the indicators are not loaded. The error message shown in the picture appears in the journal. Even a reinstallation of the MT4 has not changed anything. I have a completely new laptop with 16GB memory and also on my hard drive are still more than 200GB free. Do you have any idea what this could be?
you have at least one indicator that floods your memory with objects, lines, arrows, etc.
or has a loop running without proper exit.
mt4 is ok or in other words there is no memory on the planet to handle poorly coded apps.
imho all indicators should have a bar limit input and an object count limit (if objects are used), as a standard.
p/s: there are a lot of publicly available indicators out there, with uncommented print commands......even the free 200gb hd/ssd won't be enough to handle a single print command in a loop
regards
These users thanked the author Xronos__ for the post:
pail1217

Xronos__ wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:34 am you have at least one indicator that floods your memory with objects, lines, arrows, etc.
or has a loop running without proper exit.
mt4 is ok or in other words there is no memory on the planet to handle poorly coded apps.
imho all indicators should have a bar limit input and an object count limit (if objects are used), as a standard.
p/s: there are a lot of publicly available indicators out there, with uncommented print commands......even the free 200gb hd/ssd won't be enough to handle a single print command in a loop
regards
yes, i found that the 7 signal indicator was the problem. After I took it out, the remaining indicators ran again or were loaded normally. Nevertheless, I am now a little annoyed by the metatrader. Was previously on Tradingview for a long time and had to switch and many difficulties, but things like clarity, user-friendliness etc. were better on TV.