Re: Trend Direction Force Index Indicators MT4

xpf2003 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:53 pm Is it possible for you to add a signal line? I have tried dropping the standard moving average indicator on top of TDFI and choose "Frist Indicator Data" and "Previous Indicator Data" both. But it results in a flat line at 0.005 level all the time.
Trend direction and force index with Signal Line

Added a signal line, can use any of the averages with it.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 13):
Chickenspicy, Jedidiah, chris006, kvak, xpf2003, RodrigoRT7, SijjiN, sylvester21, Krunal Gajjar, 太虚一毫, BeatlemaniaSA, Ricstar_8, Lodi

rambo wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:10 am Hello Centaur, i tried finding an mq4l file, but nobody seem to have it :/

Could u do me favour and convert this MT5 indicator into MT4, it's a great confirmation & volume tool and i wanna test it on my mt4 algorithm

Thanks!
Trend direction and force index - DSEMA smoothed

Did this one, looks pretty close.

Double smoothed EMA (DSEMA) for smoothing result in order to produce less false signals.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 12):
Chickenspicy, Jedidiah, Jimmy, josi, Milad8732, Tradehunter, yearzero, kvak, 太虚一毫, rambo, pail1217, Ricstar_8

mrtools wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:41 am This is another update for TDFI on the original it uses a smoothed price, smoothed with ema, and then a simple smoothed average of that ema, and then the final values are smoothed again with think the original was with an ema. Anyway with this version you can choose which average to use in all 3 instances. Also optimized the code a little more, hopefully to make it faster and lighter.

PS: For the settings used in our Daily Indicator chart, please see here: Trend Direction Force Index Settings Template for MT4.
Could you make a Bollinger band instead of the signal levels 0.05 and -0.05? This greatly improves the signals.
Just add a Bollinger Band with the current signal pattern
These users thanked the author Intrest 1 for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, Jedidiah

Intrest 1 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:26 pm Could you make a Bollinger band instead of the signal levels 0.05 and -0.05? This greatly improves the signals.
Just add a Bollinger Band with the current signal pattern
Interesting idea, just put bands on the Dsema version looked interesting. Will see what I can do tomorrow, unless someone else gets to it first.
Attachments
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 7):
BeatlemaniaSA, josi, kvak, annadurai, Jimmy, Jedidiah, RodrigoRT7