Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

InfoNew member here: Can you guide me, please?

Hi to everybody. I am new here, and it seems we all share a passion about trading. I was shocked when i found this forum. It is AMAZING. There is no other way to describe it, so i will be happy to share more opinions, strategys, etc...

But the forum is huge! I am a little bit ovewhelmed, so maybe if you are reading this you can help me. Let's me explain it a little.

I was trying to make an EA with a programmer. I was looking to trade in support and resistances (supply and demand), looking for double top and double bottom. But he told me that all the supply and demands indicators, and all the double top and bottom indicators have repainting, and you can not code an EA if the indicator has repainting. So i have some questions about it:

1. Is it true that you can not code an EA if the indicator has repainting?

2. Does anybody know some indicators of double top/bottom or supply and demand that does not have repainting? Maybe even you know an already EA that works like i am looking.

I took a look in some threads here, but i still don't know the answers, so i appreciate the help.

Thanks. And nice to meet you!
These users thanked the author hache for the post:
Chickenspicy

Re: New member here: Can you guide me, please?

hache wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:41 am
Price could stay at a fractal resistance zone
Or it could plow through

With a non repaint entry and exit after it touches
It could work

Here is my personal attempt manually
chickensword wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:21 am changed the order of which the indicators are placed if you like that better
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post:
hache
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

Re: New member here: Can you guide me, please?

I was trying to make an EA with a programmer. I was looking to trade in support and resistances (supply and demand), looking for double top and double bottom. But he told me that all the supply and demands indicators, and all the double top and bottom indicators have repainting, and you can not code an EA if the indicator has repainting. So i have some questions about it:

1. Is it true that you can not code an EA if the indicator has repainting?

2. Does anybody know some indicators of double top/bottom or supply and demand that does not have repainting? Maybe even you know an already EA that works like i am looking.

SD zones will disappear or stay as time goes by they do not 'repaint', this is normal. First try to understand this=load some charts to see for yourself. Also notice impulses and retraces or zigzags and play with Higher timeframe extremes +SD zones. There are a few populair threads here to help you with this. Perhaps later you will have some more info for your coder to make an EA to make you rich.

best M.
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, hache