Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:53 am Cleaned it up a bit, added mtf and a colored midline option for the 2nd Tma. For information for those not familiar, the fill is formed when the non-repainting TMA1 crosses the recalculating/repainting TMA2 with the larger atr spacing (lower picture), which IMHO is an interesting idea, think it was by Xard.

FYI ................ After loading onto the XU-Hybrid 7 chart to see how it looked, the candle colors were gone.
Removed it and colors were back
Attachments

traderokey wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:31 am Hi aggieman01
From your trading experience, does the fill repaint so much like TMA2?
Are there other tips you might have about using the channel or how to use the fill?
Many thanks, I saw your tips on the overbought/oversold Oracle Move Mod occurring outside the channel.
I use the Oracle Move Mod with TMA Channel (MTF) to show the exhaustion areas of price. I don't care of the recalculating of the channel because at that particular moment in time the setup is correct. In addition, I only trade US30 and NAS100 because that's structured money coming in/out the market. I also track the Dollar using these indicators. The DOLLAR normally does the inverse to these markets. Another tip with major news. I use the Fisher_M11 to see the volume and the Market Makers will do the opposite of the volume to gain liquidity. This strategy works about 98% of the time.
These users thanked the author aggieman01 for the post (total 4):
RodrigoRT7, traderokey, Mickey Abi, eduarescobar

Woodyz wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:34 pm FYI ................ After loading onto the XU-Hybrid 7 chart to see how it looked, the candle colors were gone.
Removed it and colors were back
In the code there is a setting that automatically places charts in the foreground so regular candles can be seen on top of the histogram. In line 121 if you comment it out like this

Code: Select all

//if (!showRIBBON) ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_FOREGROUND,false);  else { ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_FOREGROUND,true); ChartRedraw(0); }  
your candles should work. Guess could have a setting maybe ForeGroundChart true or false in newer versions.

ps) added the chart in foreground true/false to this version, by default it's set to false, just tried and get this.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 7):
aggieman01, thomdel, BeatlemaniaSA, 太虚一毫, traderokey, kvak, eduarescobar

mrtools wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:03 pm In the code there is a setting that automatically places charts in the foreground so regular candles can be seen on top of the histogram. In line 121 if you comment it out like this

Code: Select all

//if (!showRIBBON) ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_FOREGROUND,false);  else { ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_FOREGROUND,true); ChartRedraw(0); }  
your candles should work. Guess could have a setting maybe ForeGroundChart true or false in newer versions.
Sorry I do not have the source
Oh the TMA source
Will look at that
Fantastic sorted ......... Thanks

mrtools wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:53 am Cleaned it up a bit, added mtf and a colored midline option for the 2nd Tma. For information for those not familiar, the fill is formed when the non-repainting TMA1 crosses the recalculating/repainting TMA2 with the larger atr spacing (lower picture), which IMHO is an interesting idea, think it was by Xard.

;)
"Only the price on the chart can show the entrance to the deal..."

aggieman01 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:32 pm I use the Oracle Move Mod with TMA Channel (MTF) to show the exhaustion areas of price. I don't care of the recalculating of the channel because at that particular moment in time the setup is correct. In addition, I only trade US30 and NAS100 because that's structured money coming in/out the market. I also track the Dollar using these indicators. The DOLLAR normally does the inverse to these markets. Another tip with major news. I use the Fisher_M11 to see the volume and the Market Makers will do the opposite of the volume to gain liquidity. This strategy works about 98% of the time.

Many thanks aggieman01!!