Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

Good evening guys, could someone help me adding a moving average of the volumes inside this code snippet using this code structure? Thank you

Code: Select all

int OnCalculate(const int rates_total,
                const int prev_calculated,
                const datetime &time[],
                const double &open[],
                const double &high[],
                const double &low[],
                const double &close[],
                const long &tick_volume[],
                const long &volume[],
                const int &spread[])
  {
   int limit = rates_total - prev_calculated;
   if(prev_calculated > 0) limit++;
   for(int i=limit-1; i>=0; i--)
   {

// Here I would like to add moving average with specific period and save values to buffer

shortVolumeBuffer[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;
      longVolumeBuffer[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;
      if(close[i] >= open[i])
         longVolumeBuffer[i] = (double)tick_volume[i];
      if(close[i] < open[i])
         shortVolumeBuffer[i] = (double)tick_volume[i];
   }
   return(rates_total);
  }
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

Hi fellow friends,

I need your help to suggest a volume/volatility indicator.

I'm currently using TDFIX with eAverages by Kvak and Mr Tools, which i feel is great, but I'm looking for other alternatives).

The criteria as follows:
Gives definite signal through color changes (Green for long, Red for short, and no color for no volume/dead market) , or a zero cross indicator.

I have tried Damiani Volatmeter and Waddah Explosion, but somehow they are prone to noises and fake signals.

I don't prefer histograms as the interpretation of the data is very subjective. Prefer a Volume/Volatility indi that gives definite go/no go signals. Something that i can use to make definite decision to place trade or stay out (from dead markets).

Thanks!

sylvester21 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:12 pm Hi fellow friends,

I need your help to suggest a volume/volatility indicator.

I'm currently using TDFIX with eAverages by Kvak and Mr Tools, which i feel is great, but I'm looking for other alternatives).

The criteria as follows:
Gives definite signal through color changes (Green for long, Red for short, and no color for no volume/dead market) , or a zero cross indicator.

I have tried Damiani Volatmeter and Waddah Explosion, but somehow they are prone to noises and fake signals.

I don't prefer histograms as the interpretation of the data is very subjective. Prefer a Volume/Volatility indi that gives definite go/no go signals. Something that i can use to make definite decision to place trade or stay out (from dead markets).

Thanks!
That's asking a lot from a single indicator but you might take a look at Price Volume Analysis such as these.

These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
sylvester21

Ogee wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:46 pm That's asking a lot from a single indicator but you might take a look at Price Volume Analysis such as these.

Sonic_2 PVA Candles (Black).mq4

Sonic_6 PVA Volumes (Black).mq4

NICE...
How to read , please explain for get better idea !

These users thanked the author sal for the post:
sylvester21
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

sal wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:24 am

'Complete Guide To Volume Price Analysis: Anna Coulling' pdf

attach/file/3373889

edit; realise that might not be helpful if you need to put through google translate.

This indicator is coded to run on MT4 Build 600.

This indicator creates standard volume bars to be used together with the SonicR PVA Candles
indicator. Special colors are used denote candles and corresponding volume bars where special
situations occur involving price and volume, hence PVA (Price-Volume Analysis). The special
situations, or requirements for the colors are as follows.

Situation "Climax"
Bars with volume >= 200% of the average volume of the 10 most recent previous chart TFs,
and bars where the product of candle spread x candle volume is >= the highest for the 10
most recent previous chart time TFs. Bull bars are green and bear bars are red.

Situation "Volume Rising Above Average"
Bars with volume >= 150% of the average volume of the 10 most recent previous chart TFs.
Bull bars are blue and bear are blue-violet.

Setting the Volume Alert-
This indicator includes the sound with text alert that will trigger once per TF at the first
qualification of the volume bar as a "Climax" volume situation. Set "Volume_Alert_On" to
"true" to activate the alert. You can use your "Broker_Name_In_Alert" so that your broker
name so it will appear in the on-screen alert tile. This helps to avoid confusion if you
simultaneously use multiple platforms from different brokers.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
sylvester21, sal