Re: Heiken Ashi Type Indicators

Thank you Kvac, for the nice clean indicator.

Comparing me to a coder would be like comparing a wadded up piece of paper to a next generation stealth fighter. With that being said, is there a way to combine 2 or 3 time frames into 1 line, having a neutral color for when the TF's don't match?....same for G-Chennel etc?

DaveTrader wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:30 am Thank you Kvac, for the nice clean indicator.

Comparing me to a coder would be like comparing a wadded up piece of to a next generation stealth fighter. With that being said, is there a way to combine 2 or 3 time frames into 1 line, having a neutral color for when the TF's don't match?....same for G-Chennel etc?
Hello.
Hello.
I think is doable, but not for me...it is out of my skills....sorry....

kvak wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:58 am Here is experiment with heiken ashi, possibly pre or posmoothed with eAverages.
Displayed as lines or candles with MTF, alerts and arrows.

Kvac,

This is a beautiful indicator, I have been testing a mini account on M5 chart with a M5 and M30 line display.
One line or two, it's working really nice on my Xard-Beattle-FourXXXX inspired chart ;)
These users thanked the author DaveTrader for the post (total 2):
kvak, RodrigoRT7

Heiken Ashi RSI with Auto Divergences, Averages Filters & 8 x RSI Types

This is an update of the rsi Heiken Ashi . now there is a choice of 58 averages filters (for smoothing both the rsi and Heiken Ashi bars), all the prices for the rsi, and now 8 rsi types to choose from (for both the rsi and Heiken Ashi bars). The newest is Mladen's trend emphasized rsi. Indicator still has divergence with divergence alerts.

mrtools wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:23 pm Heiken Ashi RSI with Auto Divergences, Averages Filters & 8 x RSI Types

This is an update of the rsi Heiken Ashi . now there is a choice of 58 averages filters (for smoothing both the rsi and Heiken Ashi bars), all the prices for the rsi, and now 8 rsi types to choose from (for both the rsi and Heiken Ashi bars). The newest is Mladen's trend emphasized rsi. Indicator still has divergence with divergence alerts.
Whoaaa thank you Mrtoolz...... would u help us know a bit more about Trend Emphasized RSI please??

Because the latest update on this is just simply the best!!!!

These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 3):
RodrigoRT7, Chickenspicy, Jimmy
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:36 pm Whoaaa thank you Mrtoolz...... would u help us know a bit more about Trend Emphasized RSI please??

Because the latest update on this is just simply the best!!!!
Best I can do is share Mladen's explanation:

By definition RSI belongs to momentum family of indicators. Hence making a "momentum emphasized" indicator might be strange idea.

The idea is yet another attempt to address one of the know issues of RSI : the "flattening". In short, if you use levels when using RSI to determine any type of signals or triggers, you might find yourself wondering what is going on when using longer periods since RSI is going to be more and more like a flat line, and not like any kind of momentum, and then your RSI will never cross the levels of interest

There are some ways to bypass that (like using any kind of dynamic levels - which, btw, this indicator has too), but when it comes to using fixed levels it is more or less left to discretion of the trader to adjust levels for each and every RSI period in order to get some usable readings. This indicator is a "real RSI" (ie: it is calculated the way how any Wilder's RSI is calculated) but it has a special way it adjusts itself to produce much more "momentum like" results and to avoid the "flattening" issue

Some examples that will clarify the above stated a bit more :
The usual 14 period RSI

Same thing just period 50 used (see the lower RSI - that is the "regular" built in RSI and this way you can see what happens to "regular" RSI when long periods are used :

This way the levels are remaining more usable and the RSI itself is not "deformed" to the degree that it could not be called RSI any more.

From looking in the code even though it's called trend emphasized, it looks the same as momentum emphasized to me. Think it is maybe best to just call it Rsi emphasized.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
Chickenspicy, Jimmy, moey_dw, RodrigoRT7, tc1688

InfoRe: Heiken Ashi Type Indicators

mrtools wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:23 pm Heiken Ashi RSI with Auto Divergences, Averages Filters & 8 x RSI Types

Heiken Ashi RSI Divergences indicator - optimized

Was contacted about some array out of range errors when this person was using it on the 1-minute timeframe, but the person didn't get into specifics about the settings they were using, so anyway found some things that could be wrong and hopefully in this version the issues are fixed, please test and report any issues with the indicator here.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 12):
josi, Chickenspicy, Krunal Gajjar, Jimmy, eduarescobar, Ricstar_8, thomdel, rosalieone, RodrigoRT7, Jedidiah, excellence, hache

mrtools wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:57 pm Was contacted about some array out of range errors when this person was using it on the 1-minute timeframe, but the person didn't get into specifics about the settings they were using, so anyway found some things that could be wrong and hopefully in this version the issues are fixed, please test and report any issues with the indicator here.
Hi mrtools,
I got this error message "! rsi - heiken ashi avgs smoothed (mtf + sw + alerts + divergence) AUDJPY,M1: array out of range in '! rsi - heiken ashi avgs smoothed (mtf + sw + alerts + divergence).mq4' (883,14)" when i try to switch from M5 to M1 with default settings

Thank you..
These users thanked the author hakangunes for the post:
Chickenspicy