Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

kvak, mrtools, or any of the wonderful coders on this website: Would it be possible to convert the indicator below into MT4 format?

https://www.tradingview.com/script/ONXv ... nal-Index/

The code is below:

Code: Select all

// This source code is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License 2.0 at https://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/
// © peacefulToucan67678

//@version=5
indicator("MADX")
length = input.int(100)
mahigh = ta.ema(high, length)
malow = ta.ema(low, length)
maclose = ta.ema(close, length)
bear = mahigh/maclose
bull = maclose/malow
plot(bear, color=#f44336, linewidth=2, title="MADX-")
plot(bull, color=#006064, linewidth=2, title="MADX+")

I'm thinking this indicator could be expanded upon in numerous ways:

• Being able to add all averages to the indicator so we aren't limited to just the EMA
  • Ability to edit which kind of moving average you use for "mahigh", "malow", and "maclose" for some interesting combinations
  • Modifying the length of "mahigh", "malow", and "maclose" separately so you aren't stuck with one length for all 3 parameters
  • Adding the ability to see the indicator in MTF/AHTF
  • Arrows for an entry that is visually easier to see
  • Coloring the candles to reflect when the indicator is in bullish/bearish mode
  • Alerts so we don't have to sit at our computers all day for a viable trade signal
  • A button for easier analysis and less CPU consumption

The code looks fairly easy to translate into MT4 language as it's only a few lines at most. Not sure if it is more appropriate to put it in the ADX thread or the Moving Averages thread.

I had the chance to do some very light backtesting on SPX500 1-minute charts using a length setting of 50 and it looks very promising. Losses are small enough that one winner can wipe a couple of them out.

Appreciate you guys and all that you do!
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post (total 2):
kvak, Jedidiah

TransparentTrader wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:08 pm kvak, mrtools, or any of the wonderful coders on this website: Would it be possible to convert the indicator below into MT4 format?

https://www.tradingview.com/script/ONXv ... nal-Index/

The code is below:

Code: Select all

// This source code is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License 2.0 at https://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/
// © peacefulToucan67678

//@version=5
indicator("MADX")
length = input.int(100)
mahigh = ta.ema(high, length)
malow = ta.ema(low, length)
maclose = ta.ema(close, length)
bear = mahigh/maclose
bull = maclose/malow
plot(bear, color=#f44336, linewidth=2, title="MADX-")
plot(bull, color=#006064, linewidth=2, title="MADX+")

I'm thinking this indicator could be expanded upon in numerous ways:

• Being able to add all averages to the indicator so we aren't limited to just the EMA
  • Ability to edit which kind of moving average you use for "mahigh", "malow", and "maclose" for some interesting combinations
  • Modifying the length of "mahigh", "malow", and "maclose" separately so you aren't stuck with one length for all 3 parameters
  • Adding the ability to see the indicator in MTF/AHTF
  • Arrows for an entry that is visually easier to see
  • Coloring the candles to reflect when the indicator is in bullish/bearish mode
  • Alerts so we don't have to sit at our computers all day for a viable trade signal
  • A button for easier analysis and less CPU consumption

The code looks fairly easy to translate into MT4 language as it's only a few lines at most. Not sure if it is more appropriate to put it in the ADX thread or the Moving Averages thread.

I had the chance to do some very light backtesting on SPX500 1-minute charts using a length setting of 50 and it looks very promising. Losses are small enough that one winner can wipe a couple of them out.

Thanks for the code, looks doable, kind of past my bedtime now, but if no one gets to it before tomorrow, will try to do a version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

TransparentTrader wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:08 pm kvak, mrtools, or any of the wonderful coders on this website: Would it be possible to convert the indicator below into MT4 format?

Hello. You may test my version here..madx..Thanks for idea...
These users thanked the author kvak for the post:
TransparentTrader