Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

FourXXXX wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:50 am If you are going to put a stop loss near the open line or any other obvious level of support or resistance (SEMAFORS), place it on the other side away from your entry. Those extra 1 or 2 pips would have left you smiling and punching holes in the air.
in 5 months I've never had the pleasure of ending a day positively, it's incredible
These users thanked the author sgarr for the post:
FAIZANXG

xard777 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:52 am Yes, DAX was lovely this morning... I did not take the trade but knew of a trader that did.
Xard777

LOL, me either. I was too busy looking at the early morning SPX puzzle. By the time I checked DAX it was already gone and I was on the way out.

I meant to also say in that post, don't do what I did. In my rush to get out the door, I failed to clarify that point.

BTW, I find it impossible to log in to forex-station on my iPhone...iPad and computer are never a problem. The message says "you have specified the wrong password", which is incorrect. Anyone else have the same issue?

sgarr wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:49 am in 5 months I've never had the pleasure of ending a day positively, it's incredible
Stick with it, the light will come on!

Does your broker offer any mini pairs/indices? Demo accounts just simply don’t feel the same and you can never capture the psychology of trading with them. A mini account allows very low risk but still has money at stake. Open the smallest account your broker allows and check it out, if you haven’t. Even though it’s a small account, you will feel the desire to not blow it up and make it grow. I can’t recommend that approach enough while mastering the trade.
These users thanked the author DaveTrader for the post (total 3):
XXXX, Jedidiah, Forexlearner

sgarr wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:49 am in 5 months I've never had the pleasure of ending a day positively, it's incredible
OK, Try this, Only trade one instrument (become master of one)
Now on the 15m TF I want you to mark each day where the Daily HIGH and Daily LOW are.

You are not going to believe this but it will start out with a large Dot and work its way down to smaller Dots.
You should start to see a pattern of movement. It will be the same coming from a Top down or a Down up.
Look to trade at these Dot levels once price has crossed the Trend line.
If you find yourself starting to make profit then repeat this scenario.
If not, then this strategy is not for you my friend.

Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 11):
DaveTrader, Jedidiah, oskar656, fibo7818, jimfang, tokjanggut, Mickey Abi, dansmol, Forexlearner, Musashi, Erebøs_X
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

I was very stubborn for a long time when it came to my risk/SL. I would place trades on an index and get stopped out... a lot. My SL were too tight because I didn't want lose anymore than X amount of dollars. The stubbornness came in by not listening to people advising 2% risk. The mini accounts instantly changed my approach when I realized that 2% SL was more (way more) than enough. Now I was actually matching my lot size with a proper risk and still had way more room in my SL than I previously had. Those stopped out trades now started turning around in time and the profits became more and more consistent.

As FourXXXX pointed out, your SL on that trade was just a little too tight. Was it simply misplaced? Or was it because you didn't want to (couldn't) risk more? How many times that scenario played out for me...dozens. The reason you're here is to make more money and gain the freedom that it provides. If you already had the money, you probably wouldn't be here. So treat it like a business and watch those nickels and dimes, especially while you're learning. Make it a game...try to eventually turn that $50 or $100 into $1000.
These users thanked the author DaveTrader for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, Mickey Abi

The script for the series continues. Season 5, Episode 25... The same thing all over...ImpLaNT whingeing again.

xard777 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:23 am If not, then this strategy is not for you my friend.
Xard777

What does "this strategy is not for you" mean? The strategy (if there is one and has clear rules) works the same for everyone, or doesn't work for everyone either. If it works for some and doesn't work for others, then there are no clear rules and everyone does something at their own discretion. Some are more successful, others less successful. There are no clear rules, so there is no strategy. The rules must be written with such clarity that even a child could use them without hesitation, otherwise there are not rules.

ImpLaNT wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:21 pm The script for the series continues. Season 5, Episode 25... The same thing all over...ImpLaNT whingeing again.

It is very interesting who is editing other people's messages incognito?
It makes no sense for me to whine, because I don’t care and have been for a long time. I found my approach, but people keep going in circles.
Once again for these people... What I said earlier - look for your own approach. Other approaches do not work!

xard777 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:23 am OK, Try this, Only trade one instrument (become master of one)
Now on the 15m TF I want you to mark each day where the Daily HIGH and Daily LOW are.

You are not going to believe this but it will start out with a large Dot and work its way down to smaller Dots.
You should start to see a pattern of movement. It will be the same coming from a Top down or a Down up.

Xard777
Thank you for the strategy you shared, but I still don't understand it very well. Could you provide a design drawing to understand it better? thanks

This might sound a bit odd but if you are trying to get your head around this system I found this helped me. I used soft4fx simulator and ran it at 100 times normal speed and just watched how the charts played out. At that speed things happen in quite short amounts of time between each other (stating the obvious I know) but it makes it much easy to see the changes taking place.

See this post about the simulator viewtopic.php?p=1295494880#p1295494880 it is a learning curve to get the hang of the simulator but I think well worth it.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 4):
Castle73, knglerxst, Forexlearner, Musashi
nil desperandum

xard777 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:23 am OK, Try this, Only trade one instrument (become master of one)

Xard777
dashed yellow lines max and min
Attachments