Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

madx as request
Make two version, non smoothed and smoothed.
Some averages is not good for this calculation, you may try experimenting with periods.
Indicator is in MTF, have arrows and alerts...
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 6):
josi, TransparentTrader, Milad8732, Ricstar_8, Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

kvak wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:41 am madx as request
Some averages is not good for this calculation, you may try experimenting with periods.

Beauty. Thank you for the quick turn-around!

Just a preview of what these indicators look like on traditional and Renko charts:

I still have a very long way to go with optimizing this indicator for the best entries and exits. But I'm positive I am on the right track towards discovering something useful for scalping the US indices.

I may request more features in the future. I have a lot to experiment with and it's possible separate indicator settings may be best for separate instruments and separate timeframes, so that request won't be any time soon.

Hopefully someone beside myself can derive value from this unknown indicator.
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

Triple Moving Averages with E-Averages Filters

This is triple averages with levels....
Average of high, low and close is calculated and middle line is colored by direction of this 3 averages.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 13):
thomdel, Jedidiah, Jimmy, BeatlemaniaSA, Milad8732, Mundu19, 太虚一毫, RodrigoRT7, Ricstar_8, pail1217, iPar, unimatrix, Akela

kvak wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:41 am madx as request
Kvak I have a small question for you.

I was comparing the M1 data feeds for OANDA on MetaTrader 4 vs. TradingView, and it appears the indicator shows up slightly differently in both platforms. See the two pictures below.

Do you notice how in the last few candles, the MT4 version shows a crossover and a change of color whereas no such crossover exists on the TradingView version?

Why is this happening? Is it due to minute differences in price feeds that makes the indicator appear different? Or perhaps the rounding numbers for calculation values are different in TradingView vs. MetaTrader 4?