Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:44 am Started working on higher TFs 15m and 30m, to reduce market noise.
The markers show the various 2nd Dots for trading.
It is not 100% yet, but getting there.

Xard777

There are different ways to set the intra-day BIAS.
Ideally, I would like to set the BIAS off the Pink Dot but as you can see from the chart that there are more ways to skin a cat.
So for now, I will simply use the White Dot/ZigZag line, more trades for the taking which breaks down to more Pip$$$ which means that we can hit our daily target quicker. Get in, get out, and book those Pip$$$.

I suppose in a way, trading off the White Dot/ZigZag line is really trading off the Pink Dot as I want to WAIT!!! until the 2nd White Dot has appeared then trade to the next Pink Dot. Take a look at the enclosed charts to see what I mean. That is where you will find the best meat on the bone :-))

Very interesting. Looks like a snipers rifle on an M30/M15. Excellent. Great work, as always!

Keen to see how it looks on an M15/M5 and M5/M1. I hear what you're saying regarding the 'noise', but I am doing very nicely on the HK50 M1 at the moment.

Also, keen to see it on Asian Indices. The US30 is the most traded, yes, and your favourite, but I can't stay up all night. It is very structured most of the time, so I can see why you prefer it. Between the AUS200, JPN225 and HK50, there is more than enough during my day to keep me happy. My time trading the AUS200 only has paid off. I know this system, and I understand it well.

Full disclosure: I had a really bad time a few months ago. Everything was going super well. Then I got distracted, confused with too many experiments and lost 1/3 of my main account over two weeks. I stopped trading for two weeks, walked away, and reset with a tighter template and sniper entries with tight stops. The win/Loss ratio is low but making money every day again. I left my main account alone and am trading a few micro $200 accounts. Going super well. Sticking to the plan is so important.

I do not mind letting everyone know of my stumble and my views - a temporary setback. This system works, and I know that because I have seen the results for myself. I did not lose because of the system, I lost because I got greedy and confused with too many indicators and bells and whistles. Easy to do on these forums where every day, there is a new flashy thing. Less is more. Experimenting should be done on Simulators and/or demo accounts

The moral - Stick to the basics. Have the rules written down and stick to them. Don't sacrifice making money for chasing the perfect Win/Loss ratio and experimenting with new bells and whistles ;-)
These users thanked the author Musashi for the post (total 7):
FAIZANXG, Jedidiah, LJC, thomdel, Mundu19, maroka, Shockr

xard777 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:52 am Try only trading with $200 and look to doubling your account in a month.
If you can't double $200 then you can forget trading with $10'000.
Aim for 3.5% per day trading the Dow Jones.
Always look at your intra-day trading BIAS off the last Main Semafor (Pink).
If it is a Bottom Pink Semafor then look at BUY trades once the RSI is above 50
If it is a top Pink Semafor then look at SELL trades once the RSI is below 50
Once you hit your target, STOP!!! it is all about goal setting.
Once achieved, you can increase the goal say from 3.5% to 7.5%
When you eventually get up to 15% per day then go no further.
Simply keep trading and complete your six busiest months of the year (FEB,MAR,APR,SEP,OCT,&NOV).
Rinse and repeat.

Xard777

Remember, it is not about I have 100'000 in my trading account and doing all these trades for a whole month just to make a lousy $200.
It is about having a trading plan and sticking with it for the duration. This is what builds second nature, memory muscle so when you do trade with the big bucks you have a workable system already in place. And like I have mentioned before, if the trading system that you are using can't double your $200 then you can forget trading with $100'000. BUY Tesla stock instead.
Nothing truer has ever been said. If you can not succeed with a micro $200 account then you do not have the skill to trade more. I have always believed this and is one of the reasons I love the positive side of this thread (the trolls I can live without). All the fundamentals are in this post - I would substitute AUS200/HK50/JPN225 for Eastern Hemisphere people, as the US30, US500, and US2000 often flatline during our 'day". I am using this $200 challenge as a test of my skill and see if I can start from scratch and build up.
These users thanked the author Musashi for the post:
Jedidiah

FourXXXX wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:27 am Letting losses run and cutting profits short is apparently the reason most traders don't make a profit. If you are in a buy and a candle closes any colour other blue get out immediately. Same if you are in a sell, if the candle closes in any colour other than pink get out. Hoping it will turn around is just digging you into a deeper hole.

This video covers this subject well.
This is EXACTLY what happened to me.

For some 'unknown reason' (i.e. Human Nature) I started to take my success and look at how to make even more.......If only I let this run.....This system works, but I can make it better........ Before I knew it my losses were consistently bigger than my profits and I started to destroy the good work I was building.

Thank you FourXXXX for your consistent support of this thread. Your contributions are appreciated.
These users thanked the author Musashi for the post (total 4):
FAIZANXG, Jedidiah, Mickey Abi, StuartWong
Don't settle with hitting your Goal - Aim to Smash It!!! - XARD777

xard777 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:44 am Started working on higher TFs 15m and 30m, to reduce market noise.
The markers show the various 2nd Dots for trading.
It is not 100% yet, but getting there.

Xard777

There are different ways to set the intra-day BIAS.
Ideally, I would like to set the BIAS off the Pink Dot but as you can see from the chart that there are more ways to skin a cat.
So for now, I will simply use the White Dot/ZigZag line, more trades for the taking which breaks down to more Pip$$$ which means that we can hit our daily target quicker. Get in, get out, and book those Pip$$$.

I suppose in a way, trading off the White Dot/ZigZag line is really trading off the Pink Dot as I want to WAIT!!! until the 2nd White Dot has appeared then trade to the next Pink Dot. Take a look at the enclosed charts to see what I mean. That is where you will find the best meat on the bone :-))
Which ZigZag indicator and settings is the white one you're referring to?

Woodyz wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:47 pm Which ZigZag indicator and settings is the white one you're referring to?

Woody, Xard is showing his following version updates - he has not released them yet. If I am not mistaken, he mentioned February 2023.

Frankw wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:20 am Mr. Musashi, Could you tell me which broker are you use?

Sure thing, Frank. I am using two brokers at the moment, Axitrader out of Aussie, and Global Prime Fx, on FourXXXX's suggestion.

Axitrader has been good for me, but with the reduction of their leverage to 1:30, I saw an effect on my scalping style. Demos would go well with 1:100, but every time I got to the real accounts, I felt I was leaving a lot on the table.

I love Global Prime Fx - low spreads for the active parts of the day and no problems whatsoever.

I looked into an NZ broker but had a bad experience with one liquidity too low, spreads high and bizarre candles that had long wicks that were not consistent with what I saw on AxiTrader MT4. Lately, I have downloaded BlackBulls (out of Auckland) MT4 demo to check out. The spreads are too big for my liking.

I don't know if you caught the thread a little further up, mate, where someone mentioned Xard used GoMarkets. Perhaps worth a look.

These are just my personal views. I hope that helps.
These users thanked the author Musashi for the post:
Jedidiah