HappyRe: G channel

Jackson Doh wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:53 am Hey Jim,
This is my first attempt at limited bars. I've done a side by side comparison and the most recent periods are the same. Only when you get towards the bar limit do you start to see differences. I've left the source in so someone might tweak it further.
JD
GC LIMITED.jpg
G Channel Histo Price cross ltd_bars.mq4
I'm probably getting a little excitable with my newly acquired coding skills. I try new things to see if I can get them to work but most shouldn't see the light of day. Occasionally I create something that looks OK, something others may get something out of. Here is one such example. My first attempt at candles, combining Jurik with G Channel. (I can do more than G Channel, honest ) There's an accompanying histo with arrows and alerts.
See what you think.
These users thanked the author Jackson Doh for the post (total 5):
oskar656, kvak, Krunal Gajjar, annadurai, Jedidiah

Re: G channel

Jackson Doh wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:28 am I'm probably getting a little excitable with my newly acquired coding skills. I try new things to see if I can get them to work but most shouldn't see the light of day. Occasionally I create something that looks OK, something others may get something out of. Here is one such example. My first attempt at candles, combining Jurik with G Channel. (I can do more than G Channel, honest ) There's an accompanying histo with arrows and alerts.
See what you think.
gcjma.jpg

G Chan Simple JMA slope trend candles.ex4
G Channel JMA slope Histo (arrows + alerts).ex4
What exactly are you doing with Jurik here? Are you smoothing the upper/lower bands with Jurik?

xpf2003 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:41 pm What exactly are you doing with Jurik here? Are you smoothing the upper/lower bands with Jurik?
xpf, no smoothing involved. It's another fast trend - slow trend comparison. The jurik part is like a Jurik Filter line. I looked at the code again after your question and it might not be doing exactly what I had in mind, so the feedback was helpful. I will look into it more over the weekend. Thanks, JD
These users thanked the author Jackson Doh for the post (total 2):
xpf2003, Jedidiah

Jackson Doh wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:34 am xpf, no smoothing involved. It's another fast trend - slow trend comparison. The jurik part is like a Jurik Filter line. I looked at the code again after your question and it might not be doing exactly what I had in mind, so the feedback was helpful. I will look into it more over the weekend. Thanks, JD
I looked into the code and saw that some of the conditional statements were not defined precisely enough. I have made some adjustments and it seems to work in line with expectations. Replacement Candle and Histo indicators below.

I am reposting the associated dashboard here. In making the dashboard I renamed the histo but it is the same as above with the better code now added. Both the G-chan_Jma-DB BT and GCJMA_DB_Histo indicators need to be in the same indicators folder for the dashboard to work although the histo indicator does not need to be loaded.
Greg82, Jedidiah

Jackson Doh wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:55 pm I looked into the code and saw that some of the conditional statements were not defined precisely enough. I have made some adjustments and it seems to work in line with expectations. Replacement Candle and Histo indicators below.

I am reposting the associated dashboard here. In making the dashboard I renamed the histo but it is the same as above with the better code now added. Both the G-chan_Jma-DB BT and GCJMA_DB_Histo indicators need to be in the same indicators folder for the dashboard to work although the histo indicator does not need to be loaded.
gcjma v2.jpg
G Chan JMA slope trend candles.ex4
GCJMA_DB_Histo.ex4
G-chan_Jma-DB BT.mq4
This looks really interesting and promising at the same time.

I have completely shifted to MT5 now. I still use MT4 to explore interesting indicators and convert to MT5 myself what I find useful. I was wondering if you would be able to convert yours to MT5? I would do them but cannot since you have not shared full source code and I do not want to break forum rules by asking for the source code.

Jackson Doh wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:55 pm I looked into the code and saw that some of the conditional statements were not defined precisely enough. I have made some adjustments and it seems to work in line with expectations. Replacement Candle and Histo indicators below.

gcjma v2.jpg
G Chan JMA slope trend candles.ex4
GCJMA_DB_Histo.ex4
G-chan_Jma-DB BT.mq4
Good job Jackson Doh, may I ask where did you learn MQL4? How much will it cost. I am very interested. I also hope to learn to become MQL4/5 to help everyone
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
Jackson Doh
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

honje19960321 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:11 pm Good job Jackson Doh, may I ask where did you learn MQL4? How much will it cost. I am very interested. I also hope to learn to become MQL4/5 to help everyone
Hey honje,
Thanks for your comment.

I started learning on here. kvak posted the on/off button template last year and I went from there. I practiced making 0-1 histos, modifying indicators with arrows, alerts, mtf, and adding averages, as well as buttons, and then converting single colour to 2 colour lines. Once I felt I could do it I signed up for Jim Dandy's 4 module "LearnMQL4" course. Cost me US$200. I got a lot out of it and would recommend the course. As well as Jim Dandy I also follow Arthur at Orchard Forex on YT.

I completed it over 6 months ago but only now, after continuous practice, do I personally feel that I've made progress. By that I mean I've now got the confidence to try doing new stuff like limited LB bars or dashboards. It's still a surprise if they work!

Best,
JD
These users thanked the author Jackson Doh for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, oskar656, chris006

xpf2003 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:42 pm This looks really interesting and promising at the same time.

I have completely shifted to MT5 now. I still use MT4 to explore interesting indicators and convert to MT5 myself what I find useful. I was wondering if you would be able to convert yours to MT5? I would do them but cannot since you have not shared full source code and I do not want to break forum rules by asking for the source code.
xpf,
If I add any of the protected averages I won't share the source out of respect for this site. Other times I may be a little reluctant as I don't want the master coders to see how much I've butchered their pristine code.
The histo here is a result of combining 2 indicators, one that I published the source for on p132 of this thread, the G Channel Histo slope,
viewtopic.php?p=1295492457#p1295492457
and this Jurik Filter Simple : Cheers,
JD
xpf2003, Jedidiah