Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

FourXXXX wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:14 pm You just need to observe the dots and understand what they are telling you. The bigger the dot the more influence it has, larger dots show highs and lows from higher time frames. Highs = resistance, lows = support, read up on the document supplied by Xard in previous versions about market structure.

When you see a second dot it is actually either a higher low or a lower high which is indicating the trend direction, the bigger the dots the more significant it is. So a square dot is from a much higher timeframe therefore if it is followed by smaller dots you have a confirmed trend change. That is Xard in a nutshell.

Another thing to be looking at is if dots are forming at higher or lower levels. If you are in an up trend and you get a small dot lower than the previous one of the same colour then beware that the trend may be changing.

It is really up to you to learn how to read the chart for yourself. Look over charts and see what is going on then as the market trades look and think about what might happen next. Do that and you will know how to fish for yourself.
Dear Mr FourXXXX,

Good day to you.

"Semafor, Semafor on the wall, what is the meaning of them all?"

I read your explanation many, many times as i look at the dots, double dots, triple dots, triple dots in square (Yes, i do read, reread Mr Xard's reply countless times) day and night (Edited: figure of speech, it is not in literal sense.)

Initially, the Semafor is like a beast to me... i see all these dots in mind until i am almost get drunk with the dots and squares i.e. confused with them, in a maze. Yet, i press on until there is like a "love hate relation with the Semafor".

Why I press on? Mr Xard puts it there for a purpose, for a reason, rock solid and substantial foundation as the Semafor is in all the versions i downloaded.

Dots and Square, what are you telling me about the market?

I use the MT 4 Strategy tester to play with it in multiple time frames just like watching a cartoon movie playing out before my eyes, season 1, 2, 3 ...
Slowly, i begin to see this beast transforming into beauty ( I did see the dots and the square in the mind while sleeping. Crazy? :)
And i am grateful to God, through the Universe transmits the 1st key to unlock the semafor to me, a slow learner.
Now, single dots, double dots, triple dots, triple dots in square are telling me a story of the market.
Now, the beast is a beauty in my eyes.
I am still learning to understand the story of each dot.

May all who experience a little of what i have gone through with the Semafor, i hope my story brings comfort and strength and will to press on despite the fog. Mr Xard is a genius par excellence.

Mr Xard, if you happens to read this post, i wish to add on:
It is not rocket science.
Yes.
It is beyond rocket science...for me.

Above all else, i am grateful and happy to Mr Xard for the Semafor + Systems and you for the explanation, a beast now a beauty, in progress, in the adventure, setting my eyes towards the pots of gold in my eyes.

Have a pleasant weekend.

Cheers.

Stuart
These users thanked the author StuartWong for the post:
Jedidiah

plutodev wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:15 pm I bought a new laptop with a high resolution of 2880x1800.
Now... some of my MT4 indi are broken so they can't be used!! Does ANYONE have a real fix?
I've tried to change the scale of windows 11 with a scale of 200%, 100%, 150% but it doesn't work

Thanks
Right-click on the MT4 icon on the taskbar, right click again on Mt4 and left click properties. Select the compatibility tab then go to "change high DPI settings" select override high DPI scaling and choose System in the drop down menu.

Restart MT4 and it should be good to go.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post:
plutodev
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:47 am Coding the ZZ Lines to change colour for up and down is going to take more time than I have spare right now.

See what you guys think of this version.

ZZ Colours.png
XXXX-ZZ Colours.ex4

It looks very cool!
I checked turning off the white color of the ZZ line. After turning off the color, the white ZZ line still remains on the chart. Color lines can be turned on and off. The white line cannot be turned off.
Is the semaphore in your screenshot a separate indicator? Which semaphore did you use? Please give me a hint.
In your PO, is it possible for you to add semaphore symbols (3 or 4 levels)? That would be the new super ZZ Semafor. Thank you very much.

StuartWong wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:48 pm Dear Mr FourXXXX,

Good day to you.

"Semafor, Semafor on the wall, what is the meaning of them all?"

I read your explanation many, many times as i look at the dots, double dots, triple dots, triple dots in square (Yes, i do read, reread Mr Xard's reply countless times) day and night (Edited: figure of speech, it is not in literal sense.)

Initially, the Semafor is like a beast to me... i see all these dots in mind until i am almost get drunk with the dots and squares i.e. confused with them, in a maze. Yet, i press on until there is like a "love hate relation with the Semafor".

Why I press on? Mr Xard puts it there for a purpose, for a reason, rock solid and substantial foundation as the Semafor is in all the versions i downloaded.

Dots and Square, what are you telling me about the market?

I use the MT 4 Strategy tester to play with it in multiple time frames just like watching a cartoon movie playing out before my eyes, season 1, 2, 3 ...
Slowly, i begin to see this beast transforming into beauty ( I did see the dots and the square in the mind while sleeping. Crazy? :)
And i am grateful to God, through the Universe transmits the 1st key to unlock the semafor to me, a slow learner.
Now, single dots, double dots, triple dots, triple dots in square are telling me a story of the market.
Now, the beast is a beauty in my eyes.
I am still learning to understand the story of each dot.

May all who experience a little of what i have gone through with the Semafor, i hope my story brings comfort and strength and will to press on despite the fog. Mr Xard is a genius par excellence.

Mr Xard, if you happens to read this post, i wish to add on:
Yes.
It is beyond rocket science...for me.

Above all else, i am grateful and happy to Mr Xard for the Semafor + Systems and you for the explanation, a beast now a beauty, in progress, in the adventure, setting my eyes towards the pots of gold in my eyes.

Have a pleasant weekend.

Cheers.

Stuart
Hello Stuart,

Lots of people are still confused about entries including me and i m sure lots lots of others.
Its not like i m not putting the work its just hard for me to get it clear.

Giving some tips what helped you to understand them to us would benefit lots of us

We are on the same team at the end of the day all of us, some are left behind it wont be bad to follow up with the others that understood it allready

Not sure if it is new traders coming to the thread or existing ones that are still struggling with the Dot system.
Really, it is just Price action showing support and resistance at different TFs.

I do like to upgrade my chart setup to simplify my trading and I tend to post these upgrades for others to try out.
Perception and how we see the market play out is different for everyone.
I might be trading down moves (and be in profit) when the market is still overall going up, perceptions.

All our trades are a snapshot in time, if we zoom out to look at the bigger picture we would probably shake our heads and say that I would never in a thousand trades would I have taking that trade, no way. Again, perceptions, our viewpoint in time.

I am going to post another chart which will show a totally different view for trading.
It still uses the same Dot system, however, the trend lines have been changed to give another viewpoint.

Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 14):
XXXX, maroka, oskar656, Jedidiah, fibo7818, DaveTrader, Kev21, StuartWong, jmonts, Mickey Abi, Wolfsteiner, Chickenspicy, Skyold, thomdel
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

88FX88 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:49 pm XXXX-ZZ Colours.ex4

It looks very cool!
I checked turning off the white color of the ZZ line. After turning off the color, the white ZZ line still remains on the chart. Color lines can be turned on and off. The white line cannot be turned off.
Is the semaphore in your screenshot a separate indicator? Which semaphore did you use? Please give me a hint.
In your PO, is it possible for you to add semaphore symbols (3 or 4 levels)? That would be the new super ZZ Semafor. Thank you very much.
Well, that is odd, when I click the button on the chart everything disappears. It is a ZZ indicator, not a Semaphore indicator, just set the extdepth to match the Semaphore version you are using.

I don't have any reason to code Semafors into it as well, unless you want to hire me to do it.
nil desperandum

Dear Xard777 , respected master of the charts,

ive been using your panel indicator and trying to set up a strat of my own.

Would you kindly add option to change position of your panel indicator ? When used with a scale indicator , it does get messy.
If there is already a version that does that , please forgive me and kindly point me towards the proper version.

If you dont want to do it , its also fine. Just asking in case you would be kind enough to do it.

Wish you a great week end and a great life for the future. Thank you for your time.

attached : the version of the panel i use. I dont have mq4 but i think you have it :lmao: :lmao:
XARD: Will add the ability to move the Panel2 in the next update.
These users thanked the author gaarmitaar for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, StuartWong

Here is Gold on 30min.
You have the option to remove the ZigZag line, the semafors are simply zigzags without the lines.

You can turn on/off the VWAP background if you prefer trading the background Zones.
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 12):
StuartWong, Mundu19, Chickenspicy, gaarmitaar, Krunal Gajjar, Remuli, Skyold, maroka, Jedidiah, Musashi, fibo7818, thomdel
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world