Re: Publish data here for various historical backtested trades of trading systems and indicators

Krunal Gajjar wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:11 am Number of transactions: 25 times
Number of losses: 7 times
Winning times: 18 times

72% Win Rate...
Don't be greedy, there is no rocket science
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

HappyRe: Publish data here for various historical backtested trades of trading systems and indicators

Backtested indicator or trading system: XU-V46
Backtest Trading Method: Use Soft4fx

Backtest currency: USDJPY
Historical date of backtesting:
2022/1/17 — 2022/4/11
Chart time: none
Chart type: Reiko

Leverage 1:1000

Gross Profit: 1 218.06
Gross Loss: -129.53
Total Net Profit: 1 088.53
Profit Factor: 9.40
Expected Payoff: 35.11
Absolute Drawdown: -7.44
Maximal Drawdown: -51.21 (-14.00%)
Relative Drawdown: -14.00% (-51.21)

Total Trades: 31
Short Positions(won %): 13(61.54%) Long Positions(won %): 18(66.67%)
Profit Trades(% of total): 20(64.52%) Loss trades(% of total): 11(35.48%)
Largest profit trade: 502.21 loss trade: -17.38
Average profit trade: 60.90 loss trade: -11.78
Maximum consecutive wins: 6 consecutive losses: 2
Maximal consecutive profit: 742.90 consecutive loss: -34.76
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Re: Publish data here for various historical backtested trades of trading systems and indicators

honje19960321 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:56 am Total Trades: 31
Don't take this the wrong way but this is no valid backtest.
As we know from statistics you need a minimum sample size of 1000 for the Gaussian distribution to establish itself.
If you are lazy - like me - you will "make do" with 400 (and do the rest in forward testing).
But 31? I hope you liked what you did, if not it wasn't time well spent...
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, RodrigoRT7

josi wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:04 am Don't take this the wrong way but this is no valid backtest.
As we know from statistics you need a minimum sample size of 1000 for the Gaussian distribution to establish itself.
If you are lazy - like me - you will "make do" with 400 (and do the rest in forward testing).
But 31? I hope you liked what you did, if not it wasn't time well spent...
Thanks for your advice. Data for 1000 transactions. .
This is estimated to take a week to test only one metric or system. . /(ㄒoㄒ)/~~. .
It's very difficult. But I can challenge
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
RodrigoRT7

honje19960321 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:09 am Thanks for your advice. Data for 1000 transactions. .
This is estimated to take a week to test only one metric or system. . /(ㄒoㄒ)/~~. .
It's very difficult. But I can challenge
a) This is what good EAs are for - they will do your backtesting in no time (and on all TFs you want...)
[as market cycles change over time you can run this backtest every 6 months or so...]
[Imagine you have to pay yourself a salary for each backtest and then you know how much money you can pay someone to write a functioning EA for your strategy if you prefer reading a book or watching a series instead].
b) You have to repeat this for every strategy/system you use
c) The good news: as markets are fractal you should be ok to test only one TF extensively (preferably the one you want to trade)
we are not allowed links: so it is doublejudoublejudoubleju...
[...quantstart.com/articles/Successful-Backtesting-of-Algorithmic-Trading-Strategies-Part-I/]
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Jedidiah

josi wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:15 am a) This is what good EAs are for - they will do your backtesting in no time (and on all TFs you want...)
[as market cycles change over time you can run this backtest every 6 months or so...]
[Imagine you have to pay yourself a salary for each backtest and then you know how much money you can pay someone to write a functioning EA for your strategy if you prefer reading a book or watching a series instead].
b) You have to repeat this for every strategy/system you use
c) The good news: as markets are fractal you should be ok to test only one TF extensively (preferably the one you want to trade)
Thank you for letting me know so much, but these are manual backtests, not EA automation. . . I use soft4fx. The best Forex simulator on the market, with a reliable source of historical data.
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
josi

honje19960321 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:56 am Backtested indicator or trading system: XU-V46
Backtest Trading Method: Use Soft4fx

Backtest currency: USDJPY
Historical date of backtesting:
2022/1/17 — 2022/4/11
Chart time: none
Chart type: Reiko

Leverage 1:1000

Gross Profit: 1 218.06
Gross Loss: -129.53
Total Net Profit: 1 088.53
Profit Factor: 9.40
Expected Payoff: 35.11
Absolute Drawdown: -7.44
Maximal Drawdown: -51.21 (-14.00%)
Relative Drawdown: -14.00% (-51.21)

Total Trades: 31
Short Positions(won %): 13(61.54%) Long Positions(won %): 18(66.67%)
Profit Trades(% of total): 20(64.52%) Loss trades(% of total): 11(35.48%)
Largest profit trade: 502.21 loss trade: -17.38
Average profit trade: 60.90 loss trade: -11.78
Maximum consecutive wins: 6 consecutive losses: 2
Maximal consecutive profit: 742.90 consecutive loss: -34.76

Hi
Can you explain about trading rules and TP and SL?

I'm struggling with backtesting.
Trying to figure it out for myself.
Higher time and lower time price structure relationship.
Attachments