Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

kvak wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:38 am Hello.
Here is some explanation about averages Averages.
Iam trying some diffrent averages, steps in some windows, but never displayed this error. Can you tell me what is your setup or share template?
Sure, I will attach the template.

This happens when you load this indicator in more charts at the same time, for example If I have it on 3/4 charts it works, otherwise with 7/8 charts it starts telling me that it is too slow in some random charts.

Also I noticed that if I put this indicator in Multi Time Frame for example (Indicator m5 chart m1), the volumes are broken and If I reload the indicator some of them repaints, I will attach also an example of the specific point where this happens.

Finally, sometimes in some points of the chart the volmues disappears, or they are zero, and I only see the center line

hernandez wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:50 pm Sure, I will attach the template.

This happens when you load this indicator in more charts at the same time, for example If I have it on 3/4 charts it works, otherwise with 7/8 charts it starts telling me that it is too slow in some random charts.

Also I noticed that if I put this indicator in Multi Time Frame for example (Indicator m5 chart m1), the volumes are broken and If I reload the indicator some of them repaints, I will attach also an example of the specific point where this happens.

Finally, sometimes in some points of the chart the volmues disappears, or they are zero, and I only see the center line
I don't know what you mean about volumes? This indicator don't show volume....ribbon show slope or cross of Hi-Low bands and if you use in mtf mode, is normal when change colors, when higher mtf candle is not closed....

kvak wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:04 pm I don't know what you mean about volumes? This indicator don't show volume....ribbon show slope or cross of Hi-Low bands and if you use in mtf mode, is normal when change colors, when higher mtf candle is not closed....
Yeah, by volumes I mean Ribbon, is it possible to provide an explanation on the meaning of ribbon and what's the puropose of this specific tool combined with the center line? thank you.

Regarding the slowiness of the indicator, this happens only when I read with the iCustom function using an Expert Advisor, do you have any suggestion?
Do you use OnCalculate function in order to not compute every time also already processed data?

hernandez wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:34 pm Yeah, by volumes I mean Ribbon, is it possible to provide an explanation on the meaning of ribbon and what's the puropose of this specific tool combined with the center line? thank you.

Regarding the slowiness of the indicator, this happens only when I read with the iCustom function using an Expert Advisor, do you have any suggestion?
Do you use OnCalculate function in order to not compute every time also already processed data?
As I said, this is not volume...ribbon is based on Hi or Low band break or if candle is between hi-lo ribbon is gray and in newest version is possible change color based on center line slope. Center line is coloring on slope or generic trend. Generic trend means if Hi, center and low line have same slope is up or down trend if one
have oposite trend , is neutral trend There is nothing more to explanation.....in calling with EA, don't know. Indicator is coded with oncalculate...

kvak wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 am As I said, this is not volume...ribbon is based on Hi or Low band break or if candle is between hi-lo ribbon is gray and in newest version is possible change color based on center line slope. Center line is coloring on slope or generic trend. Generic trend means if Hi, center and low line have same slope is up or down trend if one
have oposite trend , is neutral trend There is nothing more to explanation.....in calling with EA, don't know. Indicator is coded with oncalculate...
Thank you for your explanation, I got what the ribbon means and a little bit more about the center line colour. Regarding the slowiness of the indicator, since I don't have the source code, would you be so gentle to help me understanding the problem? Could you try to call it on a your cutom EA? Or maybe one thing could be that if you restrict the number of bars to look at every new tick equal to rates_total - prev_calculated, maybe we got a speed up in time!

Thank you, really appreciate this.

hernandez wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:45 pm Thank you for your explanation, I got what the ribbon means and a little bit more about the center line colour. Regarding the slowiness of the indicator, since I don't have the source code, would you be so gentle to help me understanding the problem? Could you try to call it on a your cutom EA? Or maybe one thing could be that if you restrict the number of bars to look at every new tick equal to rates_total - prev_calculated, maybe we got a speed up in time!

Thank you, really appreciate this.
I dont know, I dont programing EAs. But if I trying simple EA with this indicator, it is running without problems...
I added limited bars to this version...
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 3):
太虚一毫, Ricstar_8, Mundu19

E-Averages MADX (ADX filtered) Guppy

Requested file.
Iam rewrite this indicator and update it...
Now have 5 averages which is colored . Coloring ( two or three state ) is now based on slopes and ADX trend.
I add another 3 state there is not ADX trend, based on price cross, slopes and when first and last average crossing...

For additional versions of the MADX, please see:

kvak wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:17 pm Requested file.
Iam rewrite this indicator and update it...
Now have 5 averages which is colored . Coloring ( two or three state ) is now based on slopes and ADX trend.
I add another 3 state there is not ADX trend, based on price cross, slopes and when first and last average crossing...
Thank you Kvak!
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post (total 2):
kvak, Abdi
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew