Re: Step Indicators for MT4

pershow wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:27 pm can you share source code?
mrtools wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:43 pm The file posted isn't working?

警告:你请求源代码会导致你的账号被永久封禁,将无法再次注册本社区
Jimmy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:31 pm Why was I banned from Forex-station?

Why was I banned?

The easy answer? You didn't follow the rules.

To be more specific, you did either one of these things:

• You joined and immediately started asking for freebies and demanding code modification without contributing/sharing to the forum or even saying "hello".
    This is a big one. We want people to join and help us grow the site. Help us, so that we can help you eg. share some indicators, interact with other topics, post some tips or stories. As one of our members put it, it's "Give and Take" here. Don't just turn up to the party without bringing some food to share, if you know what we mean.
  • You lied about your country location upon Registering.
  • You used a disposable or temp e-mail to Register.
  • You spammed.
  • Your signature contained spammy links.
  • You tried to sell something without getting permission from staff.
  • You posted Telegram links and tried to recruit people into your shady little group.
  • You went for the big guns and started contacting everyone via Private Messaging with requests for freebies.
  • You were recently banned.
  • You asked for source codes ie. "MQL4 version".
  • You posted external links in sections where links are not permitted. If you see this red box above the topic you're posting in, you can't post links.
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
Jimmy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

mrtools wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:42 am Made a histo out of the last version, looks good now.
Dear Mr.Mladen and Mr.Tools,

The indicator "! step nema histo (mtf + alerts + btn).ex4" error when i tried add to ea.

I want using the indicator "step - nema histo (mtf + alerts ).ex4" with histo display like "! step nema histo (mtf + alerts + btn).ex4", can you change it?

Thank you so much.
These users thanked the author longvuthien for the post:
太虚一毫

longvuthien wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:49 am Hi Mr tools,

The indicator ! step nema histo (mtf + alerts + btn).exe error when i tried add to ea. Can you fix it?

Thank you so much.
Not sure but should be fixed in this version, wondering if maybe you could share your EA with the forum after you are done with it?
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
太虚一毫, talaate, traderduke

Range Weighted EMA (variation and explanation)

From Mladen Rakic:

Theory:

This indicator is a variation of the range weighted EMA (originally published here: Range Weighted EMA with some more explanation what exactly is it doing and how. The variation comes from a possible need to make that indicator a bit less "noisy" when it comes to slope changes. The method used for calculating this variation is the method described by Lee Leibfarth in his article "Trading With An Adaptive Price Zone".

This version:

It is a sort of a triple smoothed version. But even though it is "over smoothed" if we judge from the description (triple smoothing usually leads to significant lag), it is much faster than the regular version for the same period (it is due to the nature how the Lee Leibfarth's smoothing had to be applied in this particular indicator) and should be considered as a different indicator than the "regular range weighted EMA.

Usage:

The usual ways as any average, but since it is smoother (without a lag), the slope change color is less noisy and can be used as a signal in a more reliable way.

I translated it to mt4 and added the step feature. Posting the Mladen's regular mt5 version and the mt4 step version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 10):
Chickenspicy, RodrigoRT7, kvak, Jedidiah, thomdel, 太虚一毫, Krunal Gajjar, BeatlemaniaSA, alexm, pail1217