Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:18 pm OK, Here you can have your cake and eat it too... Going Old School
Instead of using the TradeFX EA, use these BUY, SELL, & CHICKEN scripts

Simply copy the scripts to the Scripts folder in MT4 and copy the entire XU-v44 folder to the Indicators folder in MT4 (delete the old one) and don't forget to copy the XU v44-Setup+DASH.tpl template file to the templates folder in MT4.

Restart MT4, choose the new XU v44-Setup+DASH template.

Now press ctrl+N (to bring up the navigator panel on the screen), scroll down and double-click on the Scripts folder, right-click on XARD BUYER script and choose Set Hotkey and add alt keys in the column and the corresponding letter B, C & S as in the picture below and hit the SET button to save the changes.

Now left mouse click on your chart (to select that chart) and press ALT+C, text should appear above the DASH saying XARD CHICKEN SWITCH HIT - OPEN TRADES ON THIS CHART CLOSED. At this point, the Chicken switch script has also taken a snapshot of your chart and stored it in your MT4... MQL4/Files folder.
The ALT+B (Xard BUYER) script should now work as well as ALT+S (XARD SELLER) script.

Also, your DASH now fully works nice and fast with TF change and Symbol selection fully operational... Cool :)
Enjoy
XARD777
Depending on whether the market is closed, would I like to know what the BUYER and SELLER scripts do? Automatically take a trade BUY/SELL? If that's true, from where does it take perimeters for which lot to take and stop loss to place?

Thanks

lucmat wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:21 pm Dear XARD,
thanks a lot for your great contributions! They change the way of trade for many of us.
May you please tell me if I'm correct with comments on chart?
1. for me, at the time, that dot is a 2nd dot, because previous high perimeter dot (ZIGZAG) is not confirmed yet; so so for me is a buy; the consequent sell is perfect, because price didn't go beyond the previous high;
2. for me, at the time, that dot is another 2nd dot, because previous low perimeter dot (ZIGZAG) is not confirmed yet; so so for me is a sell; the consequent buy is perfect, because price didn't go beyond the previous low;
3. for me, this trade is not confirmed by a 2nd dot, but in 1 minute TF is correct;
4. for me, this trade is perfect because it is confirmed by a 2nd dot;
5. for me, this trade is not confirmed by a 2nd dot, but in 1 minute TF is correct;
6. I'd take this sell trade because because previous low perimeter dot (ZIGZAG) is not confirmed yet.
Thanks in advance.

Lucmat
The first few trades you have drawn are counter-trend to the higher time frame. If look at how far price moved in your in comparison to Xards trades, clearly Xards trades have a greater number of pips as they are with the higher time frame trend. While you can pick up some pips trading the retracements you can also get burnt if you are not careful.

While having a second dot is usually a good signal there are some very large moves that have no second dot at all.

Having said all that though I have found the latest setup that I have been testing can have times where the trend just keeps going and there is no larger second dot to change the background.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 4):
Skyold, Jedidiah, lucmat, commodus
nil desperandum

promixer wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:15 pm Depending on whether the market is closed, would I like to know what the BUYER and SELLER scripts do? Automatically take a trade BUY/SELL? If that's true, from where does it take perimeters for which lot to take and stop loss to place?

Thanks
Use the search button BELOW attachments near the top right of this page and search for "scripts" you will find some posts that give more details.

You can test it on the weekend as some brokers have trading over the weekend on some Symbols like butcoin. Pepperstone is one of them, just open a demo account and try it. Why anyone would trade them live though is beyond me as the spreads are massive.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post:
Jedidiah
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:29 pm Use the search button BELOW attachments near the top right of this page and search for "scripts" you will find some posts that give more details.

You can test it on the weekend as some brokers have trading over the weekend on some Symbols like butcoin. Pepperstone is one of them, just open a demo account and try it. Why anyone would trade them live though is beyond me as the spreads are massive.
Hello, I make some search about the different scripts. What I can't really find or do is make the parameters good with my account and mindset. I suppose I need to modify the parameters of the script but can't find any example of that in the forum. Can someone who knows explain or if Mr XARD could.....
Thanks a lot

ps: I read all the posts with the " /1850*k " but as I 'm not understand the coding.... :cry:

promixer wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:15 pm Depending on whether the market is closed, would I like to know what the BUYER and SELLER scripts do? Automatically take a trade BUY/SELL? If that's true, from where does it take perimeters for which lot to take and stop loss to place?

Thanks
Buyer and Sell take an order but I understand you need to code the script in order to be ok with your money management rules. Chicken script close all the trade of the chart. ;)
I'm at this point for the moment but it doesn't stick with my rules. I need to understand but keep in progress

Been waiting for the release of the SEMAFOR background color version of the Xard system. :wtf:
XARD: After my dinner
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Update XU v45 Setup

Here is the latest version for everyone's perusal
Enjoy
Xard777
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:30 am Update XU v45 Setup

Here is the latest version for everyone's perusal
Enjoy
Xard777
Awesome update XARD. All loaded on the charts and I'm ready for the trading week ahead! :) :problem:
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 4):
maroka, Mickey Abi, Jedidiah, StuartWong
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT