Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

E-Averages Experiment (Additional Averages)

This is another version of my Average experiments...

Whats new?

I added few averages method whats I found in mql5 from Mr Mladen like Range weighted EMA, Double smoothed range weighted EMA, Double smoothed Wilders EMA, Deviation scaled moving average, Endpoint moving average, Generalized DEMA, Quadratic Regression moving average,....

Made function for variable MA, volume weighted MA and EMA, HMA( EMA based), Ehlers optimal tracking filter.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 10):
Jedidiah, BeatlemaniaSA, thomdel, 太虚一毫, allan, rudiarius, Jimmy, Chickenspicy, Ricstar_8, acer777

Trend MA (Averages & Full Price Options)

Trend ma extended with averages pack and full price options....

Linear Regression-Adjusted Exponential Moving Average

From Mladen Rakic:

One more experiment

Seems that lately there is a hype of indicators with on / off buttons

This one will be one of those too, but:

• a lot of versions I have seen with on/off buttons are simply not OK
  • they are making the indicator slow in runtime
  • they are making it literally unusable from EAs or via iCustom() calls
  • some of the version posted on this same forum that I have seen would take hours and hours to complete a simplest test when called via iCustom() even for short testing periods (did not run them to the end because I would need to take a vacation till they end)
  • they are literally unusable in visual back tests too (for the same speed of execution issue)
  • some are losing settings whenever you change anything in parameters (not related at all to on / off buttons)
  • some are using global variables which makes a chance of a complete mess when settings from one reflect other(s) probable
  • also seems that a lot do not know that global variables are written into files
    that introduces delay that can take seconds some time before the changes are "noticed"

So made this version - as an experiment.

So far it avoids all the above (and some issues not mentioned above). I am quite sure that some of the excellent coders on this forum are going to make even better implementations (once when they solve the issues in their existing copy / paste versions) but till then (while we wait that they do so), here is this toy to play with

chickensword wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:16 am May Mr Tools please make this indicator MTF ? im looking to replicate Deez strategy of 15m fractals, 5m non lag dot, on 1m timeframe
My understanding about that version if you are using color > 0 then the color will repaint. Have this mtf version fairly confident the results are the same as the version you posted.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 7):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy, Bbq Ribs, andrei-1, talaate, 太虚一毫, SijjiN

Dear MrTools

I have a request for you.

Could please code a indicator for 3 MA Cross with alert, here the idea is to print continuous arrow untill and unless 3 MA's cross to the opposite side: it consists of three MA's fast, medium, slow.
When fast, medium both cross slow then there should be a UP/DOWN arrow, for suppose if fast, medium both crossed slow towards up, then there should be a up arrow printed, after sometime, fast crossed medium and slow down, but medium didnt crossed slow towards down, again after a little while , fast crossed medium and slow towards up, again there should be a UP arrow printed as medium failed to cross slow towards down, in general a 3 MA cross indicator, will not print a continuous arrow, it will print arrows for individual crossover, here the logic is opposite arrow should only perform when three MA's cross each others, but here iam requesting you, if possible kindly code a indicator with this idea, a opposite UP/DOWN arrow should be printed only when both fast, medium cross slow, if fast cross medium and slow, but medium didnt cross slow means no arrow should be printed, if again fast crossed slow and medium again a continuous arrow should be printed, as medium didnt crossed slow. Please find the below attachment for more details. Iam really sorry if didnt conveyed the idea properly, if so please kindly let me know, i'll try to explain once again. Thank you so much.
Attachments

acer777 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:34 am Dear MrTools
I have a request for you. Could please code a indicator for 3 MA Cross with alert, here the idea is to print continuous arrow untill and unless 3 MA's cross to the opposite side: it consists of three MA's fast, medium, slow. When fast, medium both cross slow then there should be a UP/DOWN arrow, for suppose if fast, medium both crossed slow towards up, then there should be a up arrow printed, after sometime, fast crossed medium and slow down, but medium didnt crossed slow towards down, again after a little while , fast crossed medium and slow towards up, again there should be a UP arrow printed as medium failed to cross slow towards down, in general a 3 MA cross indicator, will not print a continuous arrow, it will print arrows for individual crossover, here the logic is opposite arrow should only perform when three MA's cross each others, but here iam requesting you, if possible kindly code a indicator with this idea, a opposite UP/DOWN arrow should be printed only when both fast, medium cross slow, if fast cross medium and slow, but medium didnt cross slow means no arrow should be printed, if again fast crossed slow and medium again a continuous arrow should be printed, as medium didnt crossed slow. Please find the below attachment for more details. Iam really sorry if didnt conveyed the idea properly, if so please kindly let me know, i'll try to explain once again. Thank you so much.
3 x MA Cross (Modified)

Here is your mod....
But dont know now how to filtered this situation marked with orange rectangle...
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 9):
Chickenspicy, muhammadfarooq, Milad8732, Jimmy, acer777, talaate, SijjiN, alexm, RodrigoRT7

Dear Kvak and Mrtools
First of all i thank you both from the bottom of my heart. You both had a great impact on me and my trading journey. The support and help you provide to the community is very appreciable. I love you both. All your indicators helped me alot to understand price action. Frankly speaking, i lost hope on myself, trading and on my system due to lack of knowledge, discipline, not enough strong psychology and poor execution of orders. But from past two months when i started following forex-station especially you both, again my hope start boosting. You guys helped me to develop, correct and strengthen my system. I cant thank you both enough. May god bless you both abundantly . I thank you both on behalf of the whole community also. So much of love from India to you both. Today is the day iam feeling overwhelming, as if i have achieved something impossible. Thank you once again.
Attachments
These users thanked the author acer777 for the post (total 5):
Krunal Gajjar, kvak, Jimmy, Mickey Abi, faulknertrader1