Re: No Nonsense Forex - Indicators

tradd wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:59 am Hi Centaur,
Your concept and indicators useful specifically VPCI. Would you look Goertzel browser indicator? I think a cycle indicator fits NNFX.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183790
For sure, will have look...

Signal processing is a fascinating topic, hence I really enjoyed John Ehlers books and publications in the Stocks and Commodities magazine. I only glanced at the massive tread you passed on and I agree with Boris's statement that Empirical Mode Decomposition (EMD) to the Hilbert–Huang transform will outperforming all other concepts, the article published by Victor https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/439 is what I'll attempt to code.

The EMD is going to result in a repainting indicator (determination of local maxima and minima), which is not going to be reliable for trading purposes but the article was very interesting. I'll play around with the concept of generating an intrinsic mode function (IMF) from something like a SMA, EMA or any type of MA until all noise is canceled to give the pure instantaneous trendline of the used market data. Not sure if something like this was done in the past, not even sure if the type of MA used will matter due to how the IMF's are formed. Let's see.
These users thanked the author Centaur for the post (total 2):
xpf2003, tradd

@centaur Thanks for putting together this thread and freely sharing your wonderful work with the community.

I am guessing that since you follow the NNFX methodology, you probably do not indulge in multi-timeframe analysis. But I was wondering if you could add MTF feature to all your indicators. It would be a great help to people like myself who use multi-timeframe analysis.

xpf2003 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 am @centaur Thanks for putting together this thread and freely sharing your wonderful work with the community.

I am guessing that since you follow the NNFX methodology, you probably do not indulge in multi-timeframe analysis. But I was wondering if you could add MTF feature to all your indicators. It would be a great help to people like myself who use multi-timeframe analysis.
To make indicators multi timeframe indicators, you will have to use the mqlrates declaration and copyrates function, to specify the timeframe, instead of the OnCalculate function price data. ENUM_TIMEFRAMES list can be used as input, to specify the timeframe.

Please indicate what indicator you would like to have as a MTF indicator, will only do one, and then source code will be available for others to modify.

I'll do all my new indicators as MTF indicators...

So after numerous attempts to use mqlrates. I finally discovered to rather use iBarShift with iOpen, iHigh, iLow and iClose. Seems to be working with some code to recalculate every higher time frame data and to load higher timeframe data if no data is within your folders.

Will post a MTF indicator shortly...

Centaur wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:20 pm To make indicators multi timeframe indicators, you will have to use the mqlrates declaration and copyrates function, to specify the timeframe, instead of the OnCalculate function price data. ENUM_TIMEFRAMES list can be used as input, to specify the timeframe.

Please indicate what indicator you would like to have as a MTF indicator, will only do one, and then source code will be available for others to modify.

I'll do all my new indicators as MTF indicators...

So after numerous attempts to use mqlrates. I finally discovered to rather use iBarShift with iOpen, iHigh, iLow and iClose. Seems to be working with some code to recalculate every higher time frame data and to load higher timeframe data if no data is within your folders.

Will post a MTF indicator shortly...
Thanks for accommodating my request. If you could do either modified explosion or HLC trend, that would great.

If you show how to do it for one, I can try incorporating it in others.

Thanks again

Centaur wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:48 am Sure will convert it.
G-Channels
Think this indicator will work great for both baseline and secondary confirmation. It really keeps you in a trend.

Will do an MTF version of it.
These users thanked the author Centaur for the post (total 10):
Jon, xpf2003, PumbaPLS, BeatlemaniaSA, thomdel, tradd, rudiarius, Jedidiah, pipsquirrel, kvak