G channel

I made a small modification. I think the default 60 days value is more suitable. and modified colors

G channel is a channel indicator with 3 lines- a middle line representing a central tendency and 2 Upper and Lower boundaries calculated based on the past values of same indicator. Its based on the paper "Recursive Bands - A New Indicator For Technical Analysis" by Alex Grover and is a code conversion from TradingView. The channel breakout of Upper or Lower boundaries represent a new trend or trend continuation while narrowing of bands represents ranging or low volatility conditions. The channel can prove to be a good indicator of a trend direction and also a guide for trailing of stop loss. It has only 2 variables. Channel period - default set to 100. Price type.
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 6):
Krunal Gajjar, Chickenspicy, Mickey Abi, erynade, pipsquirrel, Banzai
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Re: Bollinger Bands type indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:21 am Don't worry it's no bother I try to encourage people who are having issues with code to let me know. Just tried it in mtf mode and it was working for me but will go over the code again and see if there is something I missed. Thanks!
Is this supposed to work like that? One is a live chart, and the other one is backtest. Both have the same inputs, why isnt the indicator value (green or red) the same in both? Does it repaint or something like that?
Attachments

honje19960321 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:07 am Dear Mr. Tools,
I have not been here for a long time to ask for your generous response. .
If you have time, please help me to give this version. Add an MTF and button.
Gratitude
Added mtf + on/off button.

ffsss wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:33 am Is this supposed to work like that? One is a live chart, and the other one is backtest. Both have the same inputs, why isnt the indicator value (green or red) the same in both? Does it repaint or something like that?

Did you use a different fillId for every instance of the indicator placed on a chart, far as I know it should apply to back test too.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Jedidiah

Re: G channel

honje19960321 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:46 pm I made a small modification. I think the default 60 days value is more suitable. and modified colors

G channel is a channel indicator with 3 lines- a middle line representing a central tendency and 2 Upper and Lower boundaries calculated based on the past values of same indicator. Its based on the paper "Recursive Bands - A New Indicator For Technical Analysis" by Alex Grover and is a code conversion from TradingView. The channel breakout of Upper or Lower boundaries represent a new trend or trend continuation while narrowing of bands represents ranging or low volatility conditions. The channel can prove to be a good indicator of a trend direction and also a guide for trailing of stop loss. It has only 2 variables. Channel period - default set to 100. Price type.
G channel with MTF + Coloring on Slope change & Optimized code

Was stuck on getting this version to display but Thanks to Centaur and his mt5 version was able to make a hopefully lighter version, with the center average coloring on slope.

mrtools wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:23 am G channel with MTF + Coloring on Slope change & Optimized code

Was stuck on getting this version to display but Thanks to Centaur and his mt5 version was able to make a hopefully lighter version, with the center average coloring on slope.
color change is truly an upgrade......... lovely mrtools man thanks mustafa & mrtools this indicator is way better than donchian, keltner, bollinger bands etc. ☝️☝️☝️

way more accurate for trends its like a bollinger bands with the feel of supertrend mixed into one BUT BETTER!!
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 7):
Jimmy, RplusT, ChuChu Rocket, maroka, Jedidiah, Jon, Mustafa
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

mrtools wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:23 am
Hi Mr Tools.
I hate to be that guy but you know its coming and everyone else is just waiting so...
Can we get alerts & arrows on this indi please??? Thanks!!!
G-channel 3 color candles would be kinda cool!
This thing looks awesome.
These users thanked the author Tradehunter for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, erynade, Forexlearner