Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:47 pm Hi Guys,

It's NOT the symbol changer that is the problem :) It's the Trade manager. It is the combination of a symbol changer used with the Trade manager that is causing the slowdown.

I have a different symbol changer and it is slow as well with the Trade manager. However, when the trade manager is removed it speeds up dramatically. Sorry Xard, I meant to message you earlier about this.

Regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
I can only confirm this. it is better without trademanager

Note for users who drive benchmarks when the markets are closed.
In my opinion, speed tests don't make sense when the markets are closed, since no data are provided. it significantly distorts the benchmarks.
we can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently

OK, Here you can have your cake and eat it too... Going Old School
Instead of using the TradeFX EA, use these BUY, SELL, & CHICKEN scripts

Simply copy the scripts to the Scripts folder in MT4 and copy the entire XU-v44 folder to the Indicators folder in MT4 (delete the old one) and don't forget to copy the XU v44-Setup+DASH.tpl template file to the templates folder in MT4.

Restart MT4, choose the new XU v44-Setup+DASH template.

Now press ctrl+N (to bring up the navigator panel on the screen), scroll down and double-click on the Scripts folder, right-click on XARD BUYER script and choose Set Hotkey and add alt keys in the column and the corresponding letter B, C & S as in the picture below and hit the SET button to save the changes.

Now left mouse click on your chart (to select that chart) and press ALT+C, text should appear above the DASH saying XARD CHICKEN SWITCH HIT - OPEN TRADES ON THIS CHART CLOSED. At this point, the Chicken switch script has also taken a snapshot of your chart and stored it in your MT4... MQL4/Files folder.
The ALT+B (Xard BUYER) script should now work as well as ALT+S (XARD SELLER) script.

Also, your DASH now fully works nice and fast with TF change and Symbol selection fully operational... Cool :)
Enjoy
XARD777
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Hi guys,

Can I ask if do you compound or trade Xard system with stop loss ? I am struggling on Money management bit, How is this compounding working ? please if any one can help.

Thanks

XARD: When I take a trade I use a virtual stop where I take a mental snapshot of where I would get out if the trade was not going my way.
Regarding compounding:- I set myself a daily target and try to hit that target every day so if say my daily target is 6% then over a month which is 20 trading days I would want to compound my daily trades at 6% so my Fund would be 1 x 1.06 ^ 20 = 3.21 times my original fund. Having done that I would then look at ways to increase my daily target say from 6% to 8% so my Fund would be 1 x 1.08 ^ 20 = 4.66 times my original fund ( a couple of percentage points can make a big difference). One of the reasons that I trade Indices is because of their daily movement (in excess of 400, 500, & 600 Pips Hilo range which can be two to three times that in up and down movement during the trading day.) which makes it easier to hit and maintain my daily targets.

Thanks Xard, What is ur percentage risk per trade?
XARD: Just now I aim for a 30% gain per trading day, if for any reason I am down by 15% then I close everything down and step away from the computer until the next trading day. Fortunately, that has not happened this year. One of the main reasons that this downturn has not happened is WAITING for the Price to cross the Trend line and not jumping in before and getting whiplashed in the process.
These users thanked the author rogeryrogery for the post (total 9):
marwilli, Mundu19, happy_trader, eduarescobar, Jedidiah, StuartWong, RodrigoRT7, Resilient2win, Erebøs_X

xard777 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:18 pm OK, Here you can have your cake and eat it too... Going Old School
Instead of using the TradeFX EA, use these BUY, SELL, & CHICKEN scripts
very cool workaround and nice script. :thumbup: I'm excited to test it on Monday

XARD: The workaround is years old, just too many steps to explain to a noob... they are like WTF! and tbh I could not be arsed explaining myself because if they fuck it up it is my fault (go figure).
These users thanked the author marwilli for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, Mickey Abi, Erebøs_X

xard777 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:53 pm New setup on 1min...
Xard777
dear Xard

if I may express a wish.
can you provide the semafor indicator with backgrounds? (as a single indi)

my reason can be seen in the picture below. (yellow color right side)
You can adjust to the respective direction (main bias) earlier and trade the dots much sooner without much greater risk.
maybe I see that wrong.
xard and communitiy please let me hear your opinion.

XARD: XU v13 already does that (background is set from Sq to Sq). The problem is if the Square has not reached, say the lowest point, the background will show a change in the new direction and that change will remain the same until the price makes a lower square whereas just now in XU v44 the background will change back as the price crosses back over the Trend line again.
Attachments
These users thanked the author marwilli for the post (total 5):
satyafx, tokjanggut, eduarescobar, Jedidiah, StuartWong

[quote=marwilli post_id=1295491726 time=1665234030 user_id=4868066]

XARD: XU v13 already does that (background is set from Sq to Sq). The problem is if the Square has not reached, say the lowest point, the background will show a change in the new direction and that change will remain the same until the price makes a lower square whereas just now in XU v44 the background will change back as the price crosses back over the Trend line again.

ok
i don't understand it so well right now,but will try to check it on monday when the markets are open.
First of all, thank you for the feedback and have a nice weekend
Attachments
These users thanked the author marwilli for the post (total 6):
xard777, tokjanggut, eduarescobar, Jedidiah, StuartWong, Jimmy

xard777 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:53 pm New setup on 1min...
Xard777
Hello Mister Xard. I've discover this thread few months ago and I don't know how to thank you about how much I've learn and progress . This last version sounds amazing and I now think I understand much more of the process.
I've one more question. The set up is a trend following system but how do you do and how to identify when the market is going to range? What are the principes and rules for these kind of situation?
ps; I've found that xuhybrid with rsioma/dsl/k appears good for reversal (convergence or not and it has to be watch in higher TF for or not of the trend). For range, I'm thinking about big moove of the dsl (not confirm for as I write now)
Tell me about what you think.
These users thanked the author BabLeBaobab for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy