Request you to Kindly : Please Suggest Good Quality Monitor

Dear Senior Members / Traders,

Extremely sorry for this long write-up.

Reason for this post :
I am from non-technical background.
I tried hard on amazon / rtings / google search but can't get to the conclusion as to which monitor I should buy.
Also tried purchasing diff models from diff brands in past 3 to 4 years but I did not succeed at all.
Rtings shows some or the other issue with most of the monitors...so can't decide

I need to purchase a good quality 24 inch / 27 inch monitor / or lower size which shows :
1) Clear Text : Text quality
2) Proper White Background : True white Background Colour
3) Proper Colours : Right Colours
4) Proper Brightness / Backlit

I am ok to go with QHD, 4K option : as Full HD on 24 inch / 27 inch shows pixelated / blurry text.

Please suggest few options : Please Suggest Good Quality Monitors.

Please share your Current Monitor : Brand Name - Model No. - Screen Size : If they are good, so that I can purchase the same.

Currently using 15 inch Lenovo laptop which has IPS screen which has proper white background without yellow tint & proper colours & clear text as it is 15 inch only but the MT4 candles appear tiny / small.
On zooming they get too wide and of no use, So I want to go for Monitor.

Problems I faced in past 3 to 4 years on monitor purchase are as below :
1) I tried Full HD monitor at 24 inch and 27 inch but Text appears Blurry on this.
2) Most of the monitors I tried had yellow backgound / yellow Tint.
I tried every settings possible like colour option as cool 1, cool 2, icc profiles, gamma etc but I did not get any positive results.
3) Most of the monitors showed un-natural colours : Orange has Red / reddish - Red colours were extremely red and harsh on eyes.
4) Monitors were throwing too much bright light : may be because they were IPS.
If we decrease the brightness to lower brightness value then the chart becomes hard to see for longer period.
5) Even Tried sitting far away from monitor.
6) Most of the monitors / Laptop screens come with bad NTSC / RGB which causes yellow tint / yellow colour instead of True white.

Shall I go for VA Panel ? or go only for IPS Panels ?
Will VA Panel solve this bright light issue ?

Shall I go for Sony 43 inch X74K : 4k TV : and use small size screen on it : as I am not comfortable with 32 inch or 43 inch viewing area.

Monitors Tried be me in the past / past experience :
1) I have used Acer 43 inch 4k monitor which caused headache due to horizontal and vertical eye movement.
2) LG 32 inch monitor : Full HD : too much bright light, colours were ok.
3) Dell S series 24 inch : Full HD : yellow tint / yellow background, blurry text.
4) LG Ultragear 24 inch : Full HD : un-natural colours.
5) Samsung S24R650 : Full HD : Bought considering that is biz monitor : but it's too bright and causing eye fatigue - un-natural red orange colours - blurry text.

Thanks a Lot to all the members.
Thanks for this Forum.
These users thanked the author thomdel for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

Re: Request you to Kindly : Please Suggest Good Quality Monitor

Few ones which I got on Internet through searching / reviews / individual co. website :

Lenovo Q27h-20 : 27 inch QHD
Lenovo L28u-35 : 27 inch 4K
Dell S2721DGF : 27 inch QHD : some reviews mention : blacks are ok / over saturated colours / vertical viewing angle ok / needs calibration / red looks brightred
ASUS Proart Pa278Qv : 27 inch QHD
Attachments
These users thanked the author thomdel for the post:
Chickenspicy

thomdel wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:20 am Dear Senior Members / Traders,

Extremely sorry for this long write-up.

Reason for this post :
I am from non-technical background.
I tried hard on amazon / rtings / google search but can't get to the conclusion as to which monitor I should buy.
Also tried purchasing diff models from diff brands in past 3 to 4 years but I did not succeed at all.
Rtings shows some or the other issue with most of the monitors...so can't decide

I need to purchase a good quality 24 inch / 27 inch monitor / or lower size which shows :
1) Clear Text : Text quality
2) Proper White Background : True white Background Colour
3) Proper Colours : Right Colours
4) Proper Brightness / Backlit

I am ok to go with QHD, 4K option : as Full HD on 24 inch / 27 inch shows pixelated / blurry text.

Please suggest few options : Please Suggest Good Quality Monitors.

Please share your Current Monitor : Brand Name - Model No. - Screen Size : If they are good, so that I can purchase the same.

Currently using 15 inch Lenovo laptop which has IPS screen which has proper white background without yellow tint & proper colours & clear text as it is 15 inch only but the MT4 candles appear tiny / small.
On zooming they get too wide and of no use, So I want to go for Monitor.

Problems I faced in past 3 to 4 years on monitor purchase are as below :
1) I tried Full HD monitor at 24 inch and 27 inch but Text appears Blurry on this.
2) Most of the monitors I tried had yellow backgound / yellow Tint.
I tried every settings possible like colour option as cool 1, cool 2, icc profiles, gamma etc but I did not get any positive results.
3) Most of the monitors showed un-natural colours : Orange has Red / reddish - Red colours were extremely red and harsh on eyes.
4) Monitors were throwing too much bright light : may be because they were IPS.
If we decrease the brightness to lower brightness value then the chart becomes hard to see for longer period.
5) Even Tried sitting far away from monitor.
6) Most of the monitors / Laptop screens come with bad NTSC / RGB which causes yellow tint / yellow colour instead of True white.

Shall I go for VA Panel ? or go only for IPS Panels ?
Will VA Panel solve this bright light issue ?

Shall I go for Sony 43 inch X74K : 4k TV : and use small size screen on it : as I am not comfortable with 32 inch or 43 inch viewing area.

Monitors Tried be me in the past / past experience :
1) I have used Acer 43 inch 4k monitor which caused headache due to horizontal and vertical eye movement.
2) LG 32 inch monitor : Full HD : too much bright light, colours were ok.
3) Dell S series 24 inch : Full HD : yellow tint / yellow background, blurry text.
4) LG Ultragear 24 inch : Full HD : un-natural colours.
5) Samsung S24R650 : Full HD : Bought considering that is biz monitor : but it's too bright and causing eye fatigue - un-natural red orange colours - blurry text.

Thanks a Lot to all the members.
Thanks for this Forum.
AOC MONITOR good one
These users thanked the author Ganesh for the post (total 2):
andrei-1, Chickenspicy

Years ago I bought a 27" 4k Monitor for trading with. I absolutely hated it, way too small, could not see shit in 4k. I ended up giving it away.
So I bought a regular 55" 4K LG TV and boy did that change everything. Lovely charts, easy to read pdfs, online magazines, newspapers, and books are all displayed on the screen and are easy to read. I even went out and bought myself a leather recliner chair and now I sit back with my feet up and enjoy the view :-)))
I also picked up one of these tv soundbars (which is a must-have item) and connect it between the tv and my iPad this way I can display my charts on the tv and view news/Spotify on the iPad. Sometimes I will watch tv shows on the iPad while waiting for trading moves, other times I switch the charts off and just watch movies on the 4k tv, it is really quite versatile. Would I go back to a smaller screen for trading... NEVER.
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 7):
chris006, Chickenspicy, thomdel, Mickey Abi, andrei-1, Jedidiah, dansmol
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Been thinking of getting a 55 inch Tv as well - a way to show 4 x 27'' monitors = charts on the same screen.
But my problem is that the menus are not readable at 3840x2160 resolution and text settings at 100%.
If I increase the text size I loose chart area.
How do you solve this?

XARD: If you are using the browser you just hold down the ctrl key and scroll your mouse wheel to enlarge the text on screen.

Not the web browser - I am talking about MT4 menus.

xard777 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:48 am Years ago I bought a 27" 4k Monitor for trading with. I absolutely hated it, way too small, could not see shit in 4k. I ended up giving it away.
So I bought a regular 55" 4K LG TV and boy did that change everything. Lovely charts, easy to read pdfs, online magazines, newspapers, and books are all displayed on the screen and are easy to read. I even went out and bought myself a leather recliner chair and now I sit back with my feet up and enjoy the view :-)))
I also picked up one of these tv soundbars (which is a must-have item) and connect it between the tv and my iPad this way I can display my charts on the tv and view news/Spotify on the iPad. Sometimes I will watch tv shows on the iPad while waiting for trading moves, other times I switch the charts off and just watch movies on the 4k tv, it is really quite versatile. Would I go back to a smaller screen for trading... NEVER.
Xard777
These users thanked the author chris006 for the post:
Chickenspicy

xard777 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:48 am Years ago I bought a 27" 4k Monitor for trading with. I absolutely hated it, way too small, could not see shit in 4k. I ended up giving it away.
Xard777

Respected Sir,

I did tried : Acer - 43 inch 4k Monitor around 2 years back.

But it gave me constant fatigue / headache : due to horizontal and vertical eye movement / moving head from one corner to another.

I did tried sitting far away from monitor / scaling to 150% - 175% but I was unable to feel comfortable with this huge screen.

This may be my drawback that I am unable to use screen size more than 24 inch - 27 inch.

Laptop screen 15 inch is too small for MT4 candles.

Thanks for your Reply / Input.
Thanks a Lot.
These users thanked the author thomdel for the post:
Chickenspicy

I use MSI Optix MAG27QRF-QD.
It's my 1st decent monitor so I really can't tell you how it performs against other monitors on the same level or higher. My previous monitor was a Dell 1080p 21-inch 59hz monitor which I thought was pretty ok at the time I had it, but then I decided to try out something different last year. I bought it with the intention of using it as a gaming monitor that I wouldn't need to upgrade for at least five years. I started getting into trading around November last year when I already had it so I thought it was normal for all charts and custom indicators to look like that. I didn't know how good I had it till a few months later I decided to go install MT4 on my old 1080p laptop as a kind of backup in case I couldn't use my PC.
I do have a 50-inch 4K Samsung TV that I bought 3 years ago but like you, I don't like the idea of having to move my head when looking at stuff on my screen. The only con that I have about this monitor is that HDR is not great for doing non-gaming-related stuff like trading, web browsing, creating documents, etc as the screen gets too bright, especially on white backgrounds but that can be easily solved by turning HDR off.

That's just my opinion though. As I said I have limited experience when it comes to monitors. You could go to Rtings and check out the current top-rated monitors and/or do comparisons. That's how I ended up choosing mine.
These users thanked the author Coolcrow for the post (total 2):
thomdel, Chickenspicy