Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:10 pm I could never get the Renko stuff to work right, would be interested in seeing how you get on with it.
Xard777

From what I'm seeing at a quick glance, Ogee is using Median Renko charts on the MT5 platform. Can't say for sure which Renko chart generator he's using although there are several ones that are free or paid.

Moving averages can be a good indicator for Renko charts in general but you have to be extremely careful.

Before the downward movement in price action that takes place in the right half of the screen, you can see there were two "fake" breakthroughs of the moving average to the sell side.

In general, the big two problems with Renko charts are choosing the optimal box size for the instrument you're trading and the indicators you want to use. With the latter problem, indicators "behave" very differently on Renko charts than they do candlestick charts.

Ogee, if you load Xard777's new RSI indicator on that Renko chart of yours and compare it to how it would look on an M1/M5 chart for the same instrument, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, Mundu19

xard777 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:10 pm I could never get the Renko stuff to work right, would be interested in seeing how you get on with it.
Xard777
Assume you mean Renko in general rather than your XU on Renko charts.

Renko smooths price action which is a double edged sword. It's great for big trends and problematic during periods of consolidation (most of the time), too slow, not reactive enough.

I find it works well for indices around market opening times but I don't think it works so well for FX in general because FX doesn't tend to be as volatile.

So I stick to a couple of hours in indices after Frankfurt & London open and the same for the US open and try to avoid the horizontal MA periods mid-day.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
TransparentTrader, Jedidiah

DownloadRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:52 pm Here is the XU v43-RSIOMA indicator
Simply remove ALL the indicators in the sub-window and add this one, then save your template (as another name).
Enjoy
Xard777

Xard, this is a great addition..

I have one request for any further upgrade.. Kindly add the 'Show Pi Levels' into one of the options in the indi .. I use it to take profit and it also guides when to enter and stay out of some trades.. Kind regards.

sgarr wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:52 pm today good new structure ,, stochastic mtf 30 minutes, below the line of 50 risioma sell
Surely someone will want these cute little guys.
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, jmonts
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

sgarr wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:52 pm today good new structure ,, stochastic mtf 30 minutes, below the line of 50 risioma sell
Hi sgarr
I don't know which metric this is.
But I am very interested in it.
Can u share?
kind regards
honje
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
Chickenspicy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

What can I say... "Happy as a Pig in Shit."
I am back to trading again... let the games begin.
Xard777
Attachments
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world