Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Trading Forex/Indices, and Commodities should be treated as a business.
You should have the proper tools for the job.
Any business startup these days costs a fortune in premises, dead shelf stock, warehouse stock for selling, staff wages, insurance, advertising, and the list goes on and on.

With trading you can setup semi-professional with a limited amount of startup.

A 2nd hand Macbook 2017 8gb 256gb sd from Ebay will set you back £300, a brand new 55" 4K TV screen another £300, a decent 2nd hand desk £60, vpn £30 for 1 yr (I use PIA), and XU13 for free (from this thread) and you are ready for trading (albeit after your initial funding).

Connect the Macbook to the 4k TV screen and you have full 4k trading with no lagging. All for £700 brick.

You can use www.gomarkets.eu for mt4 (knowing that all XU versions will run sweet on it).

Now let's say you have 10"000 to invest in trading, what I would do is only invest £200 of it.
Now try and double your £200 fund in 1 week, or 1 month... see how you do.
Again, break your trading down into baby steps, set yourself a daily target 2% and build up as you go along.
Once you hit £400 you can now match it and add an additional £400 to your fund (now £800).
Again, your goal is to double your fund.
Keep repeating this step until you have used all your 10k and you should be ready to trade as a retail day trader.
Xard777

NB The phone shop three (3) is advertising their 4g+ unlimited broadband hub (which gives you nearly 200mb d/l and 50mb u/l) comes with a FREE 32" 4K tv Screen or Google Home Speaker, all for only £20 per month.
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

marwilli wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:37 pm dear FourXXXX and Xard
is it possible to modify the indicator so that there is a background in the respective color after each arrow?
In this case the base is a zigzag. As far as i know semafor is based on zigzag.

The values ​​should be configurable also the symbols and size.
I know that xard already realized this in the release 'XU-13 Xard universe'.
This is how you have a perfect standalone semafor indicator.

PS. I think that the source code is by you

I think whole purpose of background is to make sure you stay in trend as bigger time frame - no point taking counter trends. If you really want to take those counter trade nothing stopping you. :D
Attachments
These users thanked the author rogeryrogery for the post (total 5):
jmonts, Jedidiah, dansmol, marwilli, SWicak

marwilli wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:55 pm Of course you can now ask, why don't you use XU-13?
a reason:
the performance of XU setups is not so good on computers with a weaker CPU. if you have 3-4 charts open, the cpu load is too high.
Although some functions can be hidden in the setups, they are still calculated in the background by the CPU. For example Xmath or daily open line/(zigzag cannot be hidden although an option is available).

another reason:
there are many users who do not have a 60 inch monitor at their disposal.
for me, the XU setups are not filigree enough to scale them to a smaller monitor. see picture
but ultimately it is individual and a matter of taste.

Not that we misunderstand each other. I like xard setups a lot. The ideas and implementation are great.
You only have to rebuild them on weaker systems in order to better adapt them individually.

I also think that xards setups should encourage you to build a suitable setup yourself. Or if they are best for you to trade profitable.
Everyone trades differently.
In other time frames or/and with other intentions (swing/day trading).
If you have not done so already go into tools/options/charts and reduce the max bars in chart to 5000 or even 1000, You will get a huge improvement in performance over the default 65,000.

PS I won't be modifying the ZZ Alerts indicator to change the background colour as that will cause it to use more resources and you know how people like to complain about that.
Attachments
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 3):
StuartWong, marwilli, Mundu19
nil desperandum