Re: XU-Hybrid Trading System

19monza64 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:25 pm I know the problem of TMA is that it repaint (this TMA not so much!!).
For the TMA-lovers (Beastie are you still out there?): there is also a RSI+TMA-indie (subwindow) by mladen:
viewtopic.php?p=1295490765#p1295490765
(truth be told: it doesn't add any extra information to Beatlemania's awesome setup; we already knew that the short-term bias was up, right? But that may be changing right now - or not.)
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 2):
BeatlemaniaSA, Jedidiah

josi wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:26 pm For the TMA-lovers (Beastie are you still out there?): there is also a RSI+TMA-indie (subwindow) by mladen:
viewtopic.php?p=1295490765#p1295490765
Of course, I'm still out here :D

I do like the TMA, so I'll give it a go and test it this weekend and next week as well.
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 2):
josi, Jedidiah
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

Minor XU-Hybrid 5.0 "update"

Hi guys,

Here's a small "update" to the XU-Hybrid 5. I've only tweaked it by adding one additional indicator and reorganizing the chart and sub-window layouts. I've also included 2 additional templates. One for small screen layouts and one for widescreens :)

Please remember that ALL settings and colours can be changed to your liking within each indicator!

Enjoy :thumbup:

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA

Hi Beetle............
Look I'm an old school price action trader and can see without needing all the lines etc., but it would be nice to have divergence plotted and "ALERTS" (Getting Lazy These Days) for the Free RSI Indi, when the regular divergence High/Low starts from the over brought/sold Zones.
Here are a couple of my trades I took on Friday, factoring in the Divergence as examples from my TV chart I use to do all my analysis, purely because TV is far more user friendly for this purpose.
I have been using divergence in trade decisions for years and know how powerful it is if factored in properly. (Like from strong Support/Resistance etc)
Therefore, I believe it would be beneficial for the newbies to have this plotted so as to help train the eyes as to what to look for etc.
Note: All my trades are taken from an XU-Hybrid Alert. (XU-MA & RSI Arrows)

Personally, I don't like semafor but believe with divergence to support them it could help with the decision making when dealing with something that repaints...........(Have to look into it)
Attachments
These users thanked the author Woodyz for the post (total 5):
BeatlemaniaSA, satyafx, msbh, SWicak, StuartWong

Re: Minor XU-Hybrid 5.0 "update"

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:19 pm
Please don't take this the wrong way: I think your work is as enlightening as it is powerful and altruistic.
I only want to make suggestions:
a) if you change the setup, change the name of the folder (even for tiny ones - it is all about testing & being able to compare different versions)
b)
Somehow - on my chart you have made all the subwindow-buttons disappear.
It took me quite some time to reactivate them.
I find the Auto Sessions troublesome because they reappear (once you turned them off) if you change to a different currency.
I cannot (at the moment) see that the somewhat more crowded setup shows a lot of confidence or gives information the first one didn't give (but that may change once it can be tested).
Simplicity may have been replaced by redundancy:
RSIOMA & dsl obv & digital Kahler are much too similar (to XU simple) to be really helpful (did you take them from Xard's new setup?).
I actually wonder if this overdose of extra "MA-like"-visuals doesn't confuse more than it helps.
[Does the Obv give better signals than MACD? If it doesn't why do you need it? - Does the digital Kahler give better signals than freeRSI? If it doesn't why do you need it? etc]
Compared to the freeRSI they give little information about divergence (which is - I think - better for very-short-term-bias) - [depending on how you trade, one may even think about input 14 for the freeRSI and 75/25 for extreme levels]
The RSI you skipped was better in detecting cycles (short-term-bias), I think.
But there you are: I may be totally wrong, of course.
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 6):
Woodyz, BeatlemaniaSA, maroka, Jedidiah, dansmol, RodrigoRT7

Re: Minor XU-Hybrid 5.0 "update"

josi wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:49 pm Please don't take this the wrong way: I think your work is as enlightening as it is powerful and altruistic.
I only want to make suggestions:
a) if you change the setup, change the name of the folder (even for tiny ones - it is all about testing & being able to compare different versions)
Hi Josi and fellow members,

My apologies if this had caused disruption to your existing setups. It was not my intention. I just thought I'd share this particular setup with the forum.

Josi, your constructive criticism, input and suggestions are always welcomed. I take them to heart and always review my setup based on your suggestions. The goal is to help traders become better traders and profitable.

Your comments about redundancy is noted and you are correct in that they do tell the same thing.

The RSI Waddah Attar combination is actually the best and it really does tell you everything you need to know in conjunction with the XU-MA.

More of the same is not always better. ;)

Regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 8):
Jedidiah, josi, satyafx, maroka, dansmol, Resilient2win, StuartWong, RodrigoRT7

Woodyz wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:31 pm Hi Beetle............
Look I'm an old school price action trader and can see without needing all the lines etc., but it would be nice to have divergence plotted and "ALERTS" (Getting Lazy These Days) for the Free RSI Indi, when the regular divergence High/Low starts from the over brought/sold Zones.

I have been using divergence in trade decisions for years and know how powerful it is if factored in properly. (Like from strong Support/Resistance etc)
Therefore, I believe it would be beneficial for the newbies to have this plotted so as to help train the eyes as to what to look for etc.
Note: All my trades are taken from an XU-Hybrid Alert. (XU-MA & RSI Arrows)
Hi Woodyz,

I'll put in a request to the master coders to see if they can add divergence alerts and have divergence plotted as well. :)
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 3):
Woodyz, Jedidiah, dansmol