Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

DrRumpy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:35 am Hi Folks,

I've searched Forex-Station and the web for an MT4 indicator similar to this Tradingview indicator named "ATR Break-Out". I won't provide a link because I think it's against the rules. However, the indicators shows per candle ATR as a histogram. The SMA/EMA (not sure which) in the indicator has a configurable length and multiple of ATR settings (defaults to 14 periods and 1 ATR).

Candles that exceed the ATR MA in the histogram are colored yellow if bullish and orange if bearish in the main price chart. Candles that are under the 1 ATR MA are default bull/bear color in the main price chart. The ATR histogram colors are yellow (bull) and red (bear) for greater than ATR MA, and light blue (bull) and grey (bear). Colors are configurable in the indicators settings. Another important setting is calculating ATR with or without "wick". It has alerts as well.

The closest I found to providing similar functionality was cQ-ATR Range and Volume. I'm mulling over trying to code this myself but I wanted to ask here first. In case I've just overlooked an existing MT4 indicator that does this already. Thanks in advance.
There was something similar at TSD advanced elite section, can't remember the name of the top of my head, will look for it, if I can remember the name. Seems it also had projection lines, again if I'm remembering right. Also was a volume indicator with a similar concept, the name was the same as whoever came up with the concept.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
DrRumpy

Hi!

Could a mql4 programmer add the option to add suffixes to currency pairs in this indicator please?

The indicator has the option to add prefixes, but not suffixes.

This is necessary to use it in cent accounts with suffix .c for example, and many other suffixes according to each broker.

Also, compiling this file shows that it has some problems like "variable 'bs_unused_16' not used currency-meter-pro.mq4 865 11", etc.

This is one of the best currency strength indicators but it seems to be a bit outdated.

Thanks... :)
These users thanked the author pin12 for the post:
Jedidiah

Hey Mr Tools, hope you're well,

This might be a ridiculous idea that would be horrible to use in real-time, but I was wondering if there's any way to project the Centred TMA lines forward by a few periods (like a trendline ray or something)? I ask because I like using multiple TMA's to guage movement potential and potential support and resistance areas. Even though they recalculate, price often respects the levels in real time. One TMA is risky, but when there's three time-frames on a chart they possess a degree of predictive power. Like I say, could be absolute trash, but thought it could be worth a test as a potential forecasting tool if at all possible. I've done a crappy mock-up so you know what I mean.
Plus we could call it something stupid like 'psychic TMA cash finger pro' for a laugh? Perhaps you would consider this too. Cheers bro.

kvak wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:55 am Hello bro.
This menu not working?
oh wow, my bad.

I am used that its written as "push notification" and as I didnt see it written anywhere I figured it hasnt been added yet..

Sorry! and Thanks!
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post (total 3):
Chickenspicy, kvak, Jedidiah
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

HI all.

I got this indicatior from eabuilder and I really like it.

The inidicator has 4 settings being

1) Bullish
2) Bearish
3) Bullish Weak and
4) Bearish Weak

I have been having some good success on the one minute specifically when

a) the prior candle is Bullish and the current candle closes as Bearish Weak and
b) the candle moves from Bearish to Bullish Weak.

I am hoping that someone could add an audio alert to for these two specific conditions please. Its non repainting and very good so I hope people enjoy it. I have attached the code and a screen shot.
These users thanked the author Camo100 for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

Camo100 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:45 pm HI all.

I got this indicatior from eabuilder and I really like it.

The inidicator has 4 settings being

1) Bullish
2) Bearish
3) Bullish Weak and
4) Bearish Weak

I have been having some good success on the one minute specifically when

a) the prior candle is Bullish and the current candle closes as Bearish Weak and
b) the candle moves from Bearish to Bullish Weak.

I am hoping that someone could add an audio alert to for these two specific conditions please. Its non repainting and very good so I hope people enjoy it. I have attached the code and a screen shot.
Thanks for sharing. I find it interesting. I'm still working outside. I'll try him tonight when I get home
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
Chickenspicy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.