Re: Trading Pullbacks System

Meyney wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:14 am watching Gold moving up
I saw a lot of people selling last night/This morning (They lost) could be a break/Retest move but that seems too obvious

I know you trade Impulse, Chop, Impulse. Look forward to seeing how it plans out

M: htf is still short, but the 1H impulse move up is quite strong, we have to wait and see....
These users thanked the author Jon for the post:
Chickenspicy

Jonln wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:19 am I saw a lot of people selling last night/This morning (They lost) could be a break/Retest move but that seems too obvious

I know you trade Impulse, Chop, Impulse. Look forward to seeing how it plans out

M: htf is still short, but the 1H impulse move up is quite strong, we have to wait and see....
Losing? How come?! The trendline break ( PA below the MAs) was to the upside and it kept on moving to the Trendline Meyney has drawn. Now, there you may watch if it breaks that too (i.e. continues to move further up) or trade if a reversal is confirmed. Pullbacks are not as simple as "oh, it met the MA's now I'm going short". We need to get a confirmation of that, meaning, a high probability that it may indeed do so. Patience is the key, as always...... :D

RplusT wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:11 am Losing? How come?! The trendline break ( PA below the MAs) was to the upside and it kept on moving to the Trendline Meyney has drawn. Now, there you may watch if it breaks that too (i.e. continues to move further up) or trade if a reversal is confirmed. Pullbacks are not as simple as "oh, it met the MA's now I'm going short". We need to get a confirmation of that, meaning, a high probability that it may indeed do so. Patience is the key, as always...... :D
They put the previous consolidation (4hr timeframe) in a box and waited for the breakout. After the slight pullback they jumped in and held onto the trade :mistake:

I find it interesting that people can look at the same price chart but see something completely different, my number 1 rule ( Have a coffee before looking at a price chart) haha
These users thanked the author Jon for the post:
RplusT

Jonln wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:52 am
well done, however on 1H this is not a valid setup we want to see a retrace first on 1H=market structure clearly moving down,MA's switching direction not already on 1H, but it is on lower tf. also show us why this SD zone is there (which timeframe)?
5m chart with a TL (black) pinpoint entry :
Attachments
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, yoake