Re: MT4 MT5 Banned on Apple IOS? Removed from the app store.

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:36 pm Many of them already do. But nothing really beats using your own separate platform on your own PC.

Agreed. While a cloud-based solution like TradingView definitely has its advantages over MetaTrader, there's ultimately a reason why TradingView is the CHARTING platform and Metatrader is the TRADING EXECUTION platform.

I have my fair share of gripes with MT4/5. But at least it's phenomenal at executing trades, and you can load as many indicators and charts as you want for free.
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post (total 5):
Jedidiah, ChuChu Rocket, Lightningstorm7, moey_dw, Mickey Abi

TransparentTrader wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:43 pm Agreed. While a cloud-based solution like TradingView definitely has its advantages over MetaTrader, there's ultimately a reason why TradingView is the CHARTING platform and Metatrader is the TRADING EXECUTION platform.

I have my fair share of gripes with MT4/5. But at least it's phenomenal at executing trades, and you can load as many indicators and charts as you want for free.
Exactly man, you're absolutely right about that. TradingView has been around for almost 10 years now but still fails to be the execution platform that traders need.

I mean, it's good and all that but it just has that "sticky" feeling about it which you get with a lot of these feature-rich cloud programs with all the bells and whistles.
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 3):
TransparentTrader, moey_dw, Chickenspicy
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

ExclamationRe: MT4 MT5 Banned on Apple IOS? Removed from the app store.

kenshin281180# wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:50 am Will firms incorporate Tradingview?
ahahaha who is to say greedy tradingview bastards wont outright ban ppl from using their charts from certain countries too?? 🤔🤔🤔

be careful of these greedy & WOKE companies & always have a backup plan.......... u or i could always be next in line DEPENDING WHERE WE LIVE!!
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
Chickenspicy
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

IdeaRe: MT4 MT5 Banned on Apple IOS? Removed from the app store.

How to fix MT4 & MT5 ban on iOS app store

1. Go to your "Purchases" section of your App Store
  2. In search, type Metatrader
  3. Your Metatrader apps will appear there

It's only banned on Apple iOS so hardly any disruption for serious traders. Just mobile users and the odd Instagram charlatan trader who's pretending to be a big shot.

At the end of the day, you shouldn't be doing your main analysis on mobile phones and shit 👎
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, moey_dw, Chickenspicy
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:30 pm Exactly man, you're absolutely right about that. TradingView has been around for almost 10 years now but still fails to be the execution platform that traders need.

I mean, it's good and all that but it just has that "sticky" feeling about it which you get with a lot of these feature-rich cloud programs with all the bells and whistles.

Here's where things get really confusing for me.

I feel like this is a potential "Netflix takes over Blockbuster" event all over again. TradingView is Netflix and MetaTrader is Blockbuster.

TradingView is clearly superior when it comes to the following:

• Full functionality maintained on mobile, including being able to load any custom programmable indicators submitted by other users
  • Superior drawing and labeling of charts in an easy-to-pick-up way for technical analysis
  • Access to virtually any instrument in the world, thanks to its ability to tap into multiple feeds and brokers
  • Having screeners and heatmaps you can tweak to your own liking
  • Arguably better backtesting of indicator-based strategies.
  • Charts and ideas based around charts are extremely easy to share with people regardless of whether they have Tradingview
  • Supports more non-traditional charting methods like PnF, Renko, Range, etc. without needing a workaround such as creating an offline chart in a very specific way

I'm extremely surprised MetaQuotes hasn't gone out of its way to update MT4/5 in a way where all of the above features can be included. Considering their majority hold over the retail (Forex) trading market, they could easily incorporate TradingView's updates and just be the all-around better platform.

But despite being a dinosaur that rarely gets highly-requested quality-of-life changes made, MetaTrader is superior when it comes to the following:

• Trade execution is clunky but it works as well as you would want it to (plus there are numerous free/paid Trade Managers that overcome this problem)
  • The ability to use it as a charting AND trading platform simultaneously, while doing both very well
  • Unlimited chart loading and indicator loading for free. The real limit is how much your computer can handle without the MetaTrader platform freezing
  • Used by almost every retail (forex) broker in existence, especially the offshore brokers that TradingView will likely never support or do business with
  • Arguably more community support due to its widespread use and longer history
  • Changes to the platform are far and few, which is good because the core functionality remains and you don't have to keep on re-making tutorials that teach you how to use MT4/5
  • It's 100% FREE for its full functionality

The only thing I haven't tested on TradingView is how well it can place and manage trades. I have to imagine your options are limited in size and scope compared to what you can do with Expert Advisors on MT4/5.

What we have is a standstill. Both platforms clearly have disadvantages and advantages, but not enough that one platform ends up dominating the market over the other.

Time will tell but there's no way to know what the retail trading market will look like 3-5 years from now.
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post (total 7):
Jedidiah, Jimmy, BeatlemaniaSA, moey_dw, ChuChu Rocket, Chickenspicy, Ogee

TransparentTrader wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:20 am

I'm extremely surprised MetaQuotes hasn't gone out of its way to update MT4/5 in a way where all of the above features can be included. Considering their majority hold over the retail (Forex) trading market, they could easily incorporate TradingView's updates and just be the all-around better platform.

Metaquotes said a while ago that though they will update mt4 so it keeps working they won't upgrade it and would rather people migrate to mt5 instead (which they do upgrade).

The problem is indicators usually need a complete rewrite for mt5 and so many people are hooked on the mt4 indicators.

Also there was no hedging abled on the mt5 platform to comply with the new (at the time) US regulations.

MT4 is old 32 bit tech which is why it's easily overloaded and freezes when too many indicators or charts or history is used.

Tradingview is a third party pay-for platform (if you don't want ads) though some brokers will offer it for free for trading.

MT4 is free to the client but brokers pay a lease fee to offer it.

Only a few brokers are offering free Tradingview, likely because it's a lot more expensive for them compared to offering mt4.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
TransparentTrader, Jedidiah