Re: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

Rabi wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:41 am Thank you for sharing. Have all day to play with the indies as it is raining heavily here and the forecast is the same for the next couple of days will have plenty of time . Looking at the web page the Hybrid trend indicator looks interesting. Thanks again and happy trading
I bet half are just Mladen/Mrtools indis with special settings
the other half : regular indis found on the web with special settings, nothing more
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, SijjiN

I must say I am not at all happy with existing support&resistance - and what is now trendier - supply&demand-zone indicators because I think they generate their boxes at extremes of price (more or less like any zigzag or semafore does):
In reality, though, the ranges develop at different places, i. e. when GRADUALLY buyers (for support/supply) or sellers (resistance/demand) come back into the market after a trending phase because they think price has risen/fallen enough to become - once again - attractive for them (ranges with rejection/overshooting/perpetual to and fro etc):
that, I think, would be something a coder should try to programme (but sadly no one dares or wants to):
Attachments

josi wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:40 pm I must say I am not at all happy with existing support&resistance - and what is now trendier - supply&demand-zone indicators because I think they generate their boxes at extremes of price (more or less like any zigzag or semafore does):
In reality, though, the ranges develop at different places, i. e. when GRADUALLY buyers (for support/supply) or sellers (resistance/demand) come back into the market after a trending phase because they think price has risen/fallen enough to become - once again - attractive for them (ranges with rejection/overshooting/perpetual to and fro etc):
that, I think, would be something a coder should try to programme (but sadly no one dares or wants to):
what about that interest rate and inflation levels tho :Shocked:
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

chickensword wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:43 pm what about that interest rate and inflation levels tho
Price, of course, is totally based on numbers (i. e. fundamentals), therefore any change is - in the end - based on (perceived) changes in numbers.
But (this is my opinion):
If you are interested in fundamentals you have to be aware of the fact that - as a retail trader - you are the last person in a very, very long hierarchical list of people who receive these news/facts/numbers (meaning: by the time you get the numbers the relevant things have already happened).
Therefore (this is my opinion), as a retail trader, it is better to concentrate on technical analysis as the candles are a visual construct of everything that influences price (meaning: all relevant data are already reflected in price and price changes).
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Chickenspicy