Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

hoggtubb wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:46 pm Can I have someone make an indicator for me that alerts when a HH comes up after a recent LL and vice versa.
just use zig zag or fractal,,,, the smart money concept be 1m people on youtube concept
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, Jimmy
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

-L- wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:15 am Hi Mrtools,

is something like this doable?

I searched in the Bollinger Bands indicator section but didn't see something similar.
You mean something like this?
What is your settings?
it doesn't seem like it would be any good
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 4):
Chickenspicy, Milad8732, -L-, Jedidiah

Hi Mrtoool, thanks for checking,

yes, it would work, not sure however if a 0 to 1 histo allow the 3 situations the indicator could have
I) 2 bands from "fast BB" above the 2 bands from "slow BB"
II) the same situation but bands below
iiii) neither of those scenarios happen so the histogram is either null or in a blank color

PD: or just checking the 2x BBands ribbon that kvak posted, 2 histograms could also work so when you visually see the 2 in the same color is easy to understand thats the correct setut
mrtools wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:20 am Are you looking for a 0 to 1 histogram when the outer lines cross? Am I understanding right?
These users thanked the author -L- for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, Jedidiah

kvak wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:41 am You mean something like this?
What is your settings?
It looks profitable. I'm going to test
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 2):
kvak, Chickenspicy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

What is your settings?
Dear kvak
This is a great indicator.
Please help add a button.
Gratitude
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 2):
kvak, Chickenspicy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

hi kvak,

yes, it would be something like that, when the 2 ribbons are the same color but in histogram,
as to why histogram better and what possible use:

i think when paired with trend indicators like MA's i think it could work as a fast trend detection for scalping or short term trading since it show Strong trend moves that could be taken advantage of by using for example a Gann indicator, and because the MA's will be on the main window to better see the trend, having it on another window will make the setup clenaer either if you work with full screen or with several mini charts open simltaneously.

if you look in the picture it's a down trend, so just by looking for the moments in which both "Fast BB" are below the "Slow BB" yu can see that were the moments when the pair get stronger movements, of course not every time the setup act as a filter will be a signal, but still it cold give some better filtering that for example a BB stops alone since the BBstops will just make a change when the price touch the other BB, while with this it will keep showing a trend for as long as the both "fast bb" are wither above or below the "slow bb"

that indicator you posted indeed work in a very similar way, when both ribbons are the same color will be when both bands from BB1 are either above or belos the bands from BB2, just that as i said above, it will need a trend indicator and visually, at least in my case, i think its easier when looking at a histogram since Im not really looking for the BBinfo but just to see if the trend is strong at the precise moment.

What is your settings?
Attachments
These users thanked the author -L- for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy, kvak