Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:52 am Sitting with an ice cold beer, savoury dips, and blasting out This is Ennio Morricone playlist on spotify and earning Pip$
Fuck Yeah
Xard777

Dear Xard,
I take a buy trade on a blue candle after a 2nd dot, and then the price down (hit stoploss), 2nd dot repaint again and a blue candle appeare, again and again. So how to manage such situation?
Thank you.
XARD: Make sure the RSI is Blue too, should cut down on false moves. Also, you have to take into consideration what type of day it is. On the Dow, Friday was a UP day (Price ABOVE the Daily open) so BUY trades are with the market and Down Trades you are scalping the market.
These users thanked the author phnthnhnm for the post (total 2):
maroka, StuartWong

Update XU v39-Setup

This version should be easier to trade.
It is designed for Indices but should work on currencies and commodities.
I have added my latest version of "The Art of Compounding" spreadsheet which now includes sheets for Feb, Mar, and Apr trading months.
Enjoy!
Xard777
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:30 pm Update XU v39-Setup

I have added my latest version of "The Art of Compounding" spreadsheet which now includes sheets for Feb, Mar, and Apr trading months.
Enjoy!
Xard777
Loaded it on chart and ready to collect the pips from next week.. ..
One question though.. Where you able to also sync the 15mins with the 30mins .. .. ?

Thank you very much Xard..
XARD: No, I wanted to get what I had done out for the Saturday deadline. I can look at other TFs later.
As a Rule of Thumb...
Look at BUYING when Price is ABOVE the T1MA line and ABOVE the Daily Open line.
Look at SELLING when Price is BELOW the T1MA line and BELOW the Daily Open line.
Preferably after a 2nd Dot has been made.
These users thanked the author Mickey Abi for the post (total 10):
Jedidiah, oskar656, MarVas, fibo7818, dansmol, BeatlemaniaSA, Erebøs_X, Skyold, Mundu19, StuartWong

Hi xard777
This is an awesome upgrade.
Thank you for your generosity.
i want to ask a question
How many days are the newly added T1MA and T2MA? How can I modify it?
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

xard777 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:30 pm Update XU v39-Setup

Enjoy!
Xard777
Hi XARD,

I've been using XU v6 version because most of the later versions give me a "Zero divide" error. Could you please help look at the code? I understand that only a few people are getting this error but it will be nice if you can add a zero divide constraint to the codes. It seems "XU v39-XARD UNIVERSE" and perhaps the Clock might be the culprits. I recall Mladen suggesting the code snippet below as a possible fix;

"Mladen Rakic 2009.09.18 17:09 #7
Zero divide error is exclusively a coding error. Metatrader does not provide a trap (or rather, that message is the trap, and since by definition divide by zero yields to undefined, they chose the terminate the code execution in such cases) for such errors, so if not dealt with within the code it will happen, sooner or later

Find in the code every occurrence of division and add before every division a zero condition checking
Something like this :"

Code: Select all

if (divisor!=0)

result = dividend/divisor;

else result = 0; // or whatever result you prefer here since the result

// of division by 0 by definition is undefined

XARD: Thanks I will give it a try when I am sober
These users thanked the author traderokey for the post (total 3):
Mickey Abi, kandl, Erebøs_X

traderokey wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:57 am Hi XARD,

I've been using XU v6 version because most of the later versions give me a "Zero divide" error. Could you please help look at the code? I understand that only a few people are getting this error but it will be nice if you can add a zero divide constraint to the codes. It seems "XU v39-XARD UNIVERSE" and perhaps the Clock might be the culprits. I recall Mladen suggesting the code snippet below as a possible fix;

"Mladen Rakic 2009.09.18 17:09 #7
Zero divide error is exclusively a coding error. Metatrader does not provide a trap (or rather, that message is the trap, and since by definition divide by zero yields to undefined, they chose the terminate the code execution in such cases) for such errors, so if not dealt with within the code it will happen, sooner or later

Find in the code every occurrence of division and add before every division a zero condition checking
Something like this :"

Code: Select all

if (divisor!=0)

result = dividend/divisor;

else result = 0; // or whatever result you prefer here since the result

// of division by 0 by definition is undefined

XARD: Thanks I will give it a try when I am sober
I also experience zero divide error with latest xard release. I just replace latest clock with old XU v13-clock and everything become normal..

FiveS wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:05 pm I also experience zero divide error with latest xard release. I just replace latest clock with old XU v13-clock and everything become normal..

I agree. I can handle the error from the clock, which is an ArraySort error.

However, the zero divide error from "XU v39-XARD UNIVERSE" is what makes the template unusable for me.

XARD, when you are free, could you please check for zero divide in the code relating to Open Pips, Open Pos and Daily P/L. I guess that might be the issue because I also get the error with "XU v6-Panel2"

Thanks