Re: XXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

lorne wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:34 pm btw Some time ago you commented that you once drew charts on paper did you by any chance start your trading journey with 'Safety in the Market'?

rgds
lpp
Yes, before I had ever used the internet, my introduction to trading was via SITM and I spent many weekends drawing daily charts going back a few years. Sometime after that, I had internet and was using a system developed by Clyde Lawson from Adelaide day trading with hand drawn 1 tick swing charts. That kept me busy reading raw prices and drawing up one square if the price rose 1 tick then over and down if it was a down tick.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post:
Musashi
nil desperandum

Re: XXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

Here is a good example of signals coming together. The chart shows counting dots in the chart time frame then the larger dots from a higher time frame (HTF). The market is trending up from Dot 0 so we are looking for buy trades, at the session open price spiked down then crossed above the Ribbon giving a very strong buy signal. 240 PIPS to 61.85 ADR and more.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 4):
lorne, StuartWong, Musashi, Jedidiah
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:51 pm Yes, before I had ever used the internet, my introduction to trading was via SITM and I spent many weekends drawing daily charts going back a few years. Sometime after that, I had internet and was using a system developed by Clyde Lawson from Adelaide day trading with hand drawn 1 tick swing charts. That kept me busy reading raw prices and drawing up one square if the price rose 1 tick then over and down if it was a down tick.
Oh boy we may have sat together all starry eyed and full of hope at one of SITM seminars circa 1995.
Yes hand charting and trading the SPI @ $25.00 a point from 20min delayed Teletext prices ........phoning the broker to place orders...what could possibly go wrong?

A good trading friend of mine whom I met at a SITM seminar I'm sure he was subscribed with Clyde and tells the story about Clyde saying 'you can give a trader a winning system today and it will become unrecognizable tomorrow. I've emailed him to confirm this info.
Small world isn't it.
Some things never change.
rgds
lpp
These users thanked the author lorne for the post (total 2):
StuartWong, Musashi

lorne wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:19 pm Oh boy we may have sat together all starry eyed and full of hope at one of SITM seminars circa 1995.
Yes hand charting and trading the SPI @ $25.00 a point from 20min delayed Teletext prices ........phoning the broker to place orders...what could possibly go wrong?

A good trading friend of mine whom I met at a SITM seminar I'm sure he was subscribed with Clyde and tells the story about Clyde saying 'you can give a trader a winning system today and it will become unrecognizable tomorrow. I've emailed him to confirm this info.
Small world isn't it.
Some things never change.
rgds
lpp
Yes we would have rubbed shoulders that is the time I was involved. I smiled a few months ago when I heard Tom Hougaard talking about trading with Teletext and ringing the Broker. The Monday after John Howard became PM I rang my broker with an order he said you're 100 points off the market price and hung up. There had been a huge gap down from Friday's close.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 3):
lorne, Mickey Abi, Musashi
nil desperandum

Yes we would have rubbed shoulders that is the time I was involved. I smiled a few months ago when I heard Tom Hougaard talking about trading with Teletext and ringing the Broker. The Monday after John Howard became PM I rang my broker with an order he said you're 100 points off the market price and hung up. There had been a huge gap down from Friday's close.

FYI,
Yeah, but that was many years ago. Clyde must be dead and gone, since then.
As I recall, he was upset about his youngest son’s trading.

What prompted the query?
Traders they want to know everything.

rogeryrogery wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:37 pm Hey bro,

quick question - As u posted 5min US30 chart above, Do u look higher direction or just 1 chart? Thanks.
I always have the 1 hour chart open on a separate monitor or you can do like Xard and have it on the same screen.

Also see viewtopic.php?p=1295487523#p1295487523

The higher time frame gives you the bigger picture as to which way the trend is going. You will also see the market move in cycles following the ZZ indicator lines, ideally, you will be trading away from these lines and taking profit when a new line appears and price slows down. While there are opportunities to trade against the major trend there are bigger profits to be had from trades that are with the trend in the higher and lower time frames.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post:
StuartWong
nil desperandum

Castle73 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:10 am Hey Bro, I may be a bit slow, but I'm not seeing how this has anything to do with FourXXXX's system. That's cool that you seem to use a martingale type of system and it worked for you this time, but maybe you can start your own thread with these types of shots. Or, can you please explain how using the FourXXXX system helped you succeed in your post?
I am happy to see what people want to share and my first thought was it looked like a chart from the Blessing EA (grid/martingale) that I wasted too many years on.
nil desperandum